Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

My question is sorta difficult to explain, but I'm trying to

Customer Question

My question is sorta difficult to explain, but I'm trying to find a way to build a little web form/widget that would take the amount of a specific monetary field in a web checkout form and send that amount to another site/api/db and come back to the original site with a success/failure alert. any ideas if JS is the best language for this?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think JavaScript isn't the language to use - you would have to actually send data to a to another website and have it respond back, and I think JavaScript is inherently not suited to that.Java language (quite different) would be suited for the task. It's much harder to learn to program, and so it's more 'expensive', but it would do the job.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Russell. Is there a site(s) that would have sample/example code to show something similar, that you know of? I just have no idea what term(s) to even search on specifically.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
There are lots of code criticism and discussion sites. www.stackoverflow.com is perhaps the best of those, even for a beginner. I have often found good advice on their pages, even though I've been doing programming for, let's say 'decades' now. I would have no idea what to search on, either. What you are proposing for your code to do is as yet somewhat vague.