Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

Record video with a set duration with getUserMedia using Phone

Customer Question

Record video with a set duration with getUserMedia using Phone Camera
I want this through web browser not native app. User allow the phone camera to access camera, then start recording video. Every 3 seconds (for example) capture what the user records(maybe into an Blob). Repeat until user want to stop. So there is a limit on duration. I know you can use getUserMedia for the function, but I dont know hot to set duration for the video camera recording.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
What development environment are you using to do this with? If you want to do this in a browser, you will still need an interface to the camera which I would imagine you will need their API four. You already have an API for the camera itself?