Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

I would prefer to work with Michael OKPR628100

Customer Question

I would prefer to work with ***** *****nigan as I had an excellent answer in the past month or so...I am working to upcode the program I had written previously in VB6 and am working in Visual Studio 2013 (VB) to bring the previous program up to date. I am having a real problem getting clear answers from Lynda.com and a couple of texts I have purchased so I am looking for a clear direct path to the issue I am having. I need the most direct way to go from what I was previously doing using OLE to make use of the functionality built into Office PROGRAMS, Word, Access, Excel, and PPT. I am designing forms that make use of each of those programs to display and use information that was previously easy to do with OLE. I am not looking for a lesson, but rather a source in a text, video or step by step outline in how to accomplish the same in Visual Studio, (2010-2013) VB. Not sure if I have asked the question clearly or not......but I can try to be more specific if need be...

Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question. Thank you for requesting me.
You can still use OLE with the VS OLE Interop.
Here's some documentation to start you off. It's very broad, but we can narrow it down from this according to what you need to do.
http://bitli.es/0loJsU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will review the link, but your best answer will be to steer me to a text, manual, video link or some source that explains "how to".....I have been able to set up the various forms I need and I can have them function as previously.....but i previously had word documents, excel spreadsheets, lotus spreadsheets, quattro pro spreadsheets and pdf files open using OLE...

I have a couple of texts on order, but if you are aware of any texts that deal specifically...please let me know.....I am trying to keep this all in a single question and answer......

That link is actually the reference for OLE interop.
But if you are looking more toward learning, there is a very good site at the following link, with a lot of information on the Interop Bridges like OLE Interop:
http://bitli.es/biWujk