Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

Welcome, In a short time my wife became near.fatal,I turned

Customer Question

Welcome,
In a short time my wife became near.fatal,I turned 74 and grey haired, thoughts new Acer tablet because my old next book swallowed a dingo bait named ukash and one of my Pc HDDs failed.
I, am a scientist who has had home computers since a 1970 PDP8 so please stick with me.
Most days I read or write for about 5 blogs that run under Word Press.
Word Press is excellent but I,ve got some probs with password ***** I cannot seem to get any useful action from trying your recommendations about lost passwords etc. Given that more and more blog owners are asking you to be logged in before writing, I have been struck speechless. It is me being old stressed and illogical, but cash you walk me quickly through a clean sheet correction so Word Pres is my friend again?
BTW, I am Australian which might be part of the problem also. My current work on chirality, Fibonacci numbers and parastichy is suffering from interruptions.
Help, please?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
(Personally, I'm impressed that you had a DEC PDP-8.)
I'm not quite clear what you want to do with WordPress and your blog, but it sounds as if you want any visitor to the website or web-page containing your blog, to be able to post a comment or reply etc., without having an account or being logged in. Is that the case? if so, I would advise you to get a plug-in on your site, that allows 'guest' (i.e., not-logged-in) postings possible on your site.
These pages offer, explain, and comment on such a Guest Plug-In for a WordPress site:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-guest-post/
and
https://wordpress.org/plugins/guest-posts/
and these, also, for an idea of what choices there are:
http://myblogguest.com/blog/3-wordpress-plugins-that-make-guest-posting-easier/
I hope that makes the issue much clearer.
I also hope, you are not allowing people to log in to your WordPress site. That might be where your 'password ***** issues are coming from. The administrator login should not be shared - except with people who are very personally trusted through long acquaintance - or else there will be problems.
So I hope that a final change of your admin password ***** the WordPress site, then not sharing it freely and having those who post comments or responses do so as 'guests' i.e. without login, may just solve both of the matters you raised in your question.
If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer, so that I will be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.