Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years
32989067

I have a macro that calls up the I-series data transfer dialogue

Customer Question

I have a macro that calls up the I-series data transfer dialogue box. when I place the following code into the vba Application.Run "fShowTToDialog" it does not bring up the dialogue box. It works on my laptop but it will not work in the cirtrix environment. Also I cannot get it to automatically press the ok button once the box appears.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The difference is, I think, that the Citrix environment is networked, whereas testing it on your laptop is a non-networked environment or context for it to run in.Popping up a dialog box would be a privilege, over the network, that your program (or, your login to the Citrix system, perhaps) does not have. Likewise having it approve/submit itself is probably an operation that requires special privilege in a networked environment. Since I have no further ideas than that, about the subject of your question, I must Opt Out, with apologies. I hope I have given some guidance toward one direction that might be looked into, toward a solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That makes sense as to what causes it to stop the process potentially. I can ask for that to be adjusted potentially in the Citrix environment. If I can't it can be ran manually.The second question though was how do I get it to press the ok button in the test environment using a macro. When I have it pop up the dialogue box it then doesn't focus the code onto it. When you tell it to send keys it simply stops the process. When you cancel the dialogue box it the. Performs the actions on the spreadsheet. Any idea what code I would need to put in after it displays the dialogue box to get it to press ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I say manually I mean the iseries down load can be ran manually from the menu options at the top of the screen. It just won't work through a macro.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can either run the send keys statement before the opening of the dialog
Or turn off the dialog with
Application.DisplayAlerts = False prior to the call, and set it back to True after.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you