ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

We have a Java Script that allows visitors to the site to search

Customer Question

We have a Java Script that allows visitors to the site to search ONLY that site, not the Internet at large. Works well and is extensively used by our international public. This past week or so I and many other have found this search no longer works, always with a similar "that's all we know" message. Here is the Java Script and below that, an example of the full error message. We are desperate, please help!
.............................
google.load('search', '1',{language : 'en', style : google.loader.themes.MINIMALIST});
google.load('jquery', '1.7.1');
google.load('jqueryui', '1.8.17');
google.setOnLoadCallback(function() {
google.search.CustomSearchControl.attachAutoCompletion(
'010085725032305267605:eufqp4uqvck',
document.getElementById('q'),
'cse-search-box');
});

...........................
404. That’s an error.
The requested URL /cse?cx=010085725032305267605%3Aeufqp4uqvck&ie=UTF-8&q=annunaki&siteurl=www.zetatalk5.com%2F&ref=&ss=1899j559909j8&oq=annunaki&gs_l=partner.3..0.6673.8662.0.9079.8.3.0.5.5.0.69.181.3.3.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.1899j559761j8..1ac.1.25.partner..0.8.193.iUSbogsNbIc was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
From a look at the error message, I think it is remotely possible that the search parameter, or the Site specification, might be too long.
Whatever follows the
&siteurl=
part of the URL specified in the error message, when you enter it in a browser as if it were a URL to the
www.zetatalk5.com
site, you get a 'Server Not Found' error and no web page.
And when I enter
www.zetatalk5.com
on the other hand, I *do* get a web page, not a site error.
Is the zetatalk5 site where the search engine is deployed and being used when you see the error? or is it part of the search paramters? if so, then the URL is too long.
The full URL (following 'zetatalk5.com%2F') is definitely unusual. It basically amounts to putting a slash character (the %2F) followed immediately by &ref and so forth, i.e. parameters. Usually a slash should be followed by a page specified before parameters are appended to the URL address.
What do you think? let me know, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You may be onto something but the proof of the pudding is IF we make a change to the Java Script and then it works. Google has obviously tweaked something on their end, up to us to adjust. If your theory is correct, what part of this Java Script should be altered, and in what way?
.........................google.load('search', '1',{language : 'en', style : google.loader.themes.MINIMALIST});google.load('jquery', '1.7.1');google.load('jqueryui', '1.8.17');google.setOnLoadCallback(function() {google.search.CustomSearchControl.attachAutoCompletion('010085725032305267605:eufqp4uqvck',document.getElementById('q'),'cse-search-box');});
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops looks like part of the script got clipped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And yes, it was being send from http://www.zetatalk5.com but the problem has been with us for the past week or so on ALL our mirror sites.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the full Java Script on my initial problem description, something weird happening here when I try to resent it via this chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see in my order history that the $36 has been PAID but we still have not been able to use that java Script and avoid the Google error! NOT paid yet. Please tell me what Java code to change and lets test this out!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must go and did not find the problem resolved. I'm OK with the $5 charge but the full $36 should not have been collected. Problem NOT resolve AT ALL!