Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in computer programming.
30970729

I have an application that uses two databases to work. it

Customer Question

I have an application that uses two databases to work.
it is working all fine except when i go to do something it comes up with an error saying cannot find stored procedure 'master.do.xp_getcompressdelemt' how do i fix this?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Did you build the SQL database system yourself?
To ensure it can see the objects you are looking for:
1. Make sure you are in the right database / right instance - seems simple and silly but it happens all the time. This also includes not using things like AttachDbFileName in your connection string - this means that two different programs will actually have two separate copies of your database, so if one adds a procedure, the other will never see it.
2. Don't add unnecessary filters that don't accomplish anything (sys.procedures already filters out system objects, and if you use the sp_ prefix for your own procedures - which you shouldn't - you probably don't want that filter to leave those objects out, either).
3. Validate that you have VIEW DEFINITION access to all of the potential schemas where these objects may live. These are going to be protected in the metadata / catalog views but may still be exposed to you in certain scenarios under Object Explorer (especially if your Object Explorer connection is running under a different context than your query window(s)).