ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have a very simple WordPress question that I can't figure

Customer Question

I have a very simple WordPress question that I can't figure out for the life of me and need immediate help.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best answer possible
please let me know the details of the question so that i may help you in this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working on a free WordPress theme. I chose it because it has a nice large main image on the homepage. I sized my image to be the exact size as noted by the temaplate. However, all it is giving me is a thin strip of the image. You can see what it is doing at http://www.thrivenowindia.com. I want the large main image on the home page and then I want to separate it out so that I can make an image strip that will show up on each of the inside pages (the same image strip on each of the inside image pages).Please advise.Thank you.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
In fact it is not a thin line of image but a complete image in the background. when you move/slide down the page, you can see the rest of the image until you scroll down it to limits. For this, you need to bring the image to the forefront in the CSS file. have you done programming before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think you are correct in your answer, however. Please take a look at the attached file. This is a shot of the demo homepage of Habakiri as seen on the Wordpress.org site. Also attached is my header, made to the exact specs laid out by the template - 1366 x 768 - and yet it is doing this "banding."
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
You need to increase the size of the container DIV of the image. Also, i have noticed that the menu that is appearing at the top is not present in your version of the template. you need to play with the DIV and the related CSS file to change it
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
before that, we might look at changing the image of the template through the backend control panel of the template. You will have to check the settings of the template to change its image. if possible, please let me know the credentials of the control panel so that i might have a look at it. thank you