Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Multi Platform Developer.
23511658

My programmer has written a software program that is tied to

Customer Question

My programmer has written a software program that is tied to websites we are doing for the lighting industry. I have noticed on the last two that we have done that when you are on a page and you go "back" in takes you out of where you are and to another landing page. We are working with Ajax technology. He is telling me it will take 25-30 hours to adjust the function where the pages land back to where you were. It also happens when you refresh the page, it takes you out of the software and to another landing page.
Is it feasible that it could take 25-30 hours?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
To know for certain I would have to have a better idea of what the technical challenges are here. Normally when handling Ajax dialogues or boxes, hitting back on the browser will often cause the underlying page to go to the previous page. But, there is a lot involved here that means there are hundreds if not thousands of variables at play and since I haven't seen the site I really can't give you any specific information at this point except to tell you that 25 to 30 hours to change that type of functionality with a site that has Ajax is certainly feasible and in many cases would be very reasonable. I would also have to take into account whether that is to just if it would include remediation of previously built sites. Because the latter could be a significant amount of extra work. But to answer your question yes it is feasible, but so are many other numbers. It does not strike me as a ridiculous number for this type of development, and with this type of development, you have to build in quite a bit of a safety net because something that you only expected take a few hours could take three or four times that if you run into a problem. I me know if you saw questions.