ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have a word document that we use procedures.

Customer Question

I have a word document that we use for documenting procedures. We also tend to use an excel spreadsheet as a checklist. I would like to scrape all of the items from the table of contents (or all of the level 2 or level 3 styles) in a word document and have them show up in Excel, remaining linked. i've used the copy, paste special, link, text and that works in general, but it changes the format of the text in word and puts it into a table. Is there any way to accomplish this perhaps with VBA?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. To make sure I understand, you are trying to take only level II and level III styles and put them into a spreadsheet so that each line appears in a single cell in Excel. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Exactly. I'd like them to be linked so that I only need to update/maintain in one document and but they stay in sync. I don't think I care which doc is the master if the sync has to be unidirectional, but bidirectional is preferred. I would like the text to be synchronized without putting restrictions on the formatting fonts or styles in the other doc. I would be synchronizing text, not numbers, graphs or tables. I can provide a mockup if that helps
OK... thank you. I have an understanding of what you are looking for. I will send you the quote for the time.