david
david, Programming Guru
Experience:  6+ years of programming expertise
65089077

I'm looking psexec command that will lunch the update

Customer Question

I'm looking for a psexec command that will lunch the update below:
c:\users\PATCH\install_flash_player_17_active_x.exe
Category: Programming
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
I would be glad to help. This command will start the update, but you will still need GUI access to the remote machine to navigate through any prompts that the update has:
psexec -i -s -d \\ -u \ -p "c:\users\PATCH\install_flash_player_17_active_x.exe"
If you are looking for a way to automate the execution of apps that require user interaction, you may want to consider using RemoteAccess to access the machine directly, or use a more full featured remote execution app like RemoteExec.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are satisfied, please leave a rating here on the question page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m looking for a psexec command to run remotely, that would make this patch completely silent; no interaction from the user.
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
If the flash update is the traditional update you get from adobe's site, then there is no way to automate this process with psexec. You would either need to find a non-interactive version of the update, or enable Adobe to automatically install updates by going to the Control Panel > Flash Player > Updates tab.
Alternatively the browser Chrome automatically updates Flash in the background when the browser is in use.
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
If you no longer need help with this issue, please remember to leave a rating on the question page. OR if you are still looking for a solution please let me know.
Keep in mind that sometimes the solution to the problem may not be the one you were expecting. Often time you have to approach the problem from a different angle to solve it.
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
I will keep your question open until you have a chance to RATE or REPLY on the question page here:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer-programming/94og6-i-m-looking-psexec-command-will-lunch-update.html#
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
If you are having trouble accessing the question page, try highlighting the URL with your mouse, then hit CTRL+C to copy, then in your web browser click on the address bar and hit CTRL+V to paste the URL. Hit enter and you should be taken to the question page. Near the bottom of the page you should have the option to RATE or REPLY to the expert's most recent answer post.
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.
If you no longer need help with this issue, please leave a rating on the question page, or if you are still looking for a solution, let me know on the question page and I can provide a better solution. The question page can be found here: