Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Im trying to do a button in pay pal that applies a discount

Customer Question

Hello, Im trying to do a button in pay pal that applies a discount of 5% if they buy six or more and 10% discount if they buy 12 pcs or more, I would really appreciated if you can help me. thanks
Category: Programming
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can configure an existing WPS Buy Now button to set up discounts for items purchased. Create discounts as either a percentage of the purchase price or as a set monetary value. Log into your PayPal Business account to set discounts for more than a single item and vary the amount of the discount based upon the number of items purchased.
Here is a link to a great PayPal youtube tuorial video.>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGdfsxA3fM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Randy. I did watch that tutorial, but it does not show how to do a html code if i want to apply regular price if you buy 1 to 5 pcs and 5% discount if you buy 6 to 11 pcs and 10% discount if you buy 12 pcs and on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like to add the code in the advanced variables window in my pay pal account. i think it would have to be something like this:
discount_rate=5 (if purchased 6 to 11 pcs)
discount_rate=10 (if purchased 12 and up pcs)
okay, here is an example that was created>you can use it and change the qaunity and %>>> https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business-Archive/Button-quantity-discount/td-p/675162
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Randy, i thought you were going to help me with the code, I'm looking at the sample page. but i have no idea what to change to make it work, pls help
in the field SetPer (q1, p1, q2, p2, ...); // percent based
where
q1 = quantity 1 breakpoint
p1 = percent discount above breakpoint
q2 = quantity 2 breakpoing
p2 = percent discount above breakpoint
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i will give it a try
Ok, let me know if you need anything.