ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I need help with writing a formula on discount structures.

Customer Question

I need help with writing a formula on discount structures. I would need to attach a file and i'm looking for one formulae which will calculate... if price is greater than 25m then 8% discount applies to the portion greater than 25m, if price is greater than 5m 2% discount applies to the portion greater than 5m etc.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to confirm, this is an excel question.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.
I am working on an answer for you now. So I understand if the item is 28m, 3m is discounted 8%, and 20m is discounted 2%, leaving 5m to be discounted if you choose.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.
The attached file uses your tiered discount. So you start at the max discount, if greater subtract the floor from the actual price and multiple by the discount rate. sum that with the next rate, if you were more than the first tier, subtract the second tier from the first and multiply by the rate. Let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I no longer need assistance. Thank you for your formulae but i was hoping to send you a file which explains the tiered discount in more detail.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I hope I can help you in the future then. Thank you.