ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Is there a automated script to mount and format the USB

Customer Question

Is there a automated script to mount and format the USB storage as the filesystem on and tp-link 3020 with openWRT installed . While acceding the router through ssh?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The question I need to ask is, does the script have authorization for root-level access (or, is the login running it root ?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am logged in as the root user.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I have no such script, but could write something of the sort.
But tell me also: What exactly needs to be done about ssh and the router? and when? and I presume, in this same script.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to make the USB storage the place were I I stall the operating system as I want to install some custom wrt builds but there is not eight space.I get stuck at time I put USB in the to link after formating. It only mounts a time bit and says that I have no space left
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
To judge what is happening (with regard to the USB drive mounting "a time bit and says that I have no space left", I would have to haveA. the exact error message about space left, andB. what was being done to the USB drive, i.e. the commands being executed on it at time of mount and after, up to the error message. Do you know thedfcommand? that will tell you whether the device (in this case the USB drive) is full or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for late reply, i can get it to mount but it doesnt let me install more packages
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
How much is on the drive, when you mount it? disk space, df command result, etc.