Alex
Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years of development experience in c#, vb, java, SQL Server, Oracle.
50749495

I have a iphone 4, in my web data i have all my history for

Customer Question

i have a iphone 4, in my web data i have all my history for the past 5 years. in what order is the data listed stored. in the beginning of the history there are web sites i haven't visited for 3 years. Why are they on the top of list like i just had visited????
Category: Programming
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The history should always appear in reverse order. There's no way to sort it on the phone. If you need detailed info you can export it with a free tool for Mac or PC like the following: http://www.imactools.com/iphonebackupviewer/
It provides explorer functionality for much of the data on your phone.
Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is explorer fintionaliry
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
It's like Windows Explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac. It allows you to browse and see all of your files much like you would look at files on your PC or Mac.
Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give me step by step instructions to do this. I need to open the database from this iPhone to a PC
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just go to the address I listed above:
http://www.imactools.com/iphonebackupviewer/
Click on Download for Windows
You can download it or just run it from there. When you click on install the site will take you to a Quick Start Page which explains how to use the software.
When you run it just make sure your iPhone is connected to the computer.
The documentation for the Quick Start should be everything you need to get going.
Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me how long a URL, or website, will stay in my database if I do not revisit the site?
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Depends on usage. Usually 3-4 weeks is going to be max. Longer if you are a light user. I don't believe it's published and will be related to the size of that DB for other things outside history. You can of course delete it.