ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Good evening, I am trying to use excel Read more: http://www.justansw

Customer Question

Good evening, I am trying to use excel to create a table of material sizing for my work. I design above ground storage tanks so my question is.. How do i use 2 inputs (Diam. x Height) to spit out the material sizes i have in a separate sheets into my designated "output table"?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
do you have any work-in-progress excel file where you've started on this? I would need to know more about your situation/goals... I'd assume you know the geometry/math formulas for what you're trying to calculate?
If you can describe how you (or someone else? a client?) would sit down and use the spreadsheet, that would help.
Please post, attach or upload all relevant details and any related file(s). Use wikisend.com, or a file sharing site of your choice.
Thanks,
Ingo U
PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The excel I have at the moment just has multiple sheets with information on them. I have a variety of diameters and heights i will need to put in as inputs. In doing so, I want each diameter and height combination to read from the other "source" sheets in the same excel workbook and spit out a list of thicknesses and other material sizes that corresponds to the diameter and height I want.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - any chance you could upload a copy of that excel file so I can look at the real thing? If there's sensitive data in it, maybe create a "sample" version with the same format but put in bogus numbers?
Maybe add a sheet for us to work on, where you might designate the input cells and add notes on what output should be computed?
I imagine it'll involve some combination of VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP functions, it all depends on how your input data is structured.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, my boss has changed my project scope. I appreciate you trying to help.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
No problem. take care.