ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner

I have a WP website (Magazine) My posts show(ed) "Written By"

Customer Question

I have a WP website (Magazine) My posts show(ed) "Written By" which I didn't want. I went through the web looking for answers. One of the suggestion was go into editor and delete reference to "author" on page Template and single post. That made sense. Once done hit update, then remove Cache History in FireFox. Which I did.
Here's the problem. It still is the same. However if I got to Posts and hit "View Post" it is perfect. Another thing, I added a picture to the post. It doesn't show up on the site, but again it's perfect on "View Post"
I am not very good at this (actually I stink) and I know bright guys like you can probably help me.
Thanks
Lee Markle XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Programming
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 9 months ago.

ehabtutor :

Welcome to Just answer. My Name isXXXXX and i will be assisting you today.

ehabtutor :

Hi Lee

ehabtutor :

I have a vast experience with wordpress and i will be helping you on your issues

ehabtutor :

can you please first provide me with a link to your website

Customer:

www.anoldguysopinion.com

Customer:

I am just starting it

ehabtutor :

ok let me take a look

Customer:

thanks

ehabtutor :

ok for the first question

ehabtutor :

where does it still show written by

Customer:

ok

Customer:

When I bring it up on my computer it shows it. Is it not showing it for you?

ehabtutor :

ok that's most probably because you are logged in as admin

Customer:

ah

ehabtutor :

when you are logged in as admin the website uses another version of the stylesheet which affects what shows and what don't show

ehabtutor :

so as long as it doesn't show for your website visitors, you need not worry about it

Customer:

Oh Okay

ehabtutor :

ok now for the picture problem

ehabtutor :

can you give me the direct link to the post

Customer:

http://anoldguysopinion.com/hearing-from-my-friends-or-not/bill-clintons-military-career.html?preview=true&preview_id=1374&preview_nonce=6b43a37764

ehabtutor :

Obviously

ehabtutor :

this post is still a draft

ehabtutor :

so it will not show on your wp website until you publish it.

ehabtutor :

You can see that the picture shows perfectly in the post.

Customer:

Thanks

ehabtutor :

the link you gave me is the preview link which i cannot actually see, since i have to be logged in as admin

ehabtutor :

you're welcome anytime. If you need any assistance at anytime with your wp website. just post a Question that starts with "To Ehab Tutor Only" and it would be my pleasure to help you

Customer:

thank you

ehabtutor :

If you don't have further questions now, please take a minute to rate my answer. Use the stars, faces or ratings to leave me a positive rating

ehabtutor :

A bonus will be highly appreciated

ehabtutor :

Your rating is very important for me as this is the only way i get compensated for my time and effort

ehabtutor :

Thank you very much and have a nice day

ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ehab, as this took 5 minutes, and it cost me $45 I believe they should give you a bonus. I gave you an excellent, as that is what I thought you deserve.

Thank you again

Hi again Lee,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

In case you are stuck with any thing regarding your website. I will be more than happy to help you.

regards,
ehab tutor