ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

I need a Magento expert to help with a java script error which

I need a Magento expert to help with a java script error which is prohibiting the drop-down tabs from working in the back-end admin dashboard (the front-end is running fine). I am running magento 1.4.0.1.
Category: Programming
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

ehabtutor :

Welcome to Just answer. My Name isXXXXX and i will be assisting you today.

ehabtutor :

tell me when you are ready

Customer:

hi there, all ready

ehabtutor :

I am quite familiar with magento been using it since a couple of years now

ehabtutor :

i will need access to the back-end admin in order to be able to debug the issue with the menus

Customer:

great :)

Customer:

ok....

Customer:

login sonia

Customer:

www.preciouspeg.com/admin

Customer:

p/w guapa179

ehabtutor :

ok let me take a look and confirm the error with you

ehabtutor :

are you the one who did the installation?

ehabtutor :

also what browser are you using?

ehabtutor :

ok never mind, the problem is occuring on all browsers

ehabtutor :

I will start working on the issue. but i think i need access to the ftp as well in order to be able to test changes

Customer:

Hello?....

ehabtutor :

yes

ehabtutor :

I am here didn't you get my last message?

ehabtutor :

I was saying: I will start working on the issue. but i think i need access to the ftp as well in order to be able to test changes

ehabtutor :

Did you do an upgrade from a previous magento version? When did this issue begin to occur?

Customer:

I can give you FTP access...if you need it. There have been no upgrades or changes made which would explain why this error is occurring, it is happening in all browsers (except I have access on my iphone).

ehabtutor :

ok i will be working on it.

Customer:

The issue started last night...no reason for it (ie. no upgrades)

ehabtutor :

please add the ftp credentials to a text file

ehabtutor :

and then go to www.ge.tt and upload the text file there.

Customer:

sure thing

ehabtutor :

i don't want you to just paste it here because this chat is accessible online

ehabtutor :

After i solve the issue i will ask the moderator to lock the chat here so it is not accessible

Customer:

ok great

Customer:

http://ge.tt/7mFep6v/v/0

Customer:

or do you want me to email to you?

ehabtutor :

i got them

Customer:

great

ehabtutor :

now on the same page you will find a link remove

ehabtutor :

click it to remove the file

Customer:

all done

ehabtutor :

Is this the same login for the hosting cpanel, in case i need to change file permissions?

Customer:

no...I will get them now

ehabtutor :

ok please send me the cpanel data as well in the same way you sent me the ftp login

Customer:

http://ge.tt/1NqJx6v/v/0

ehabtutor :

ok got it

ehabtutor :

you can remove it now

ehabtutor :

Are you there?

ehabtutor :

helooo

ehabtutor :

are you still there?

ehabtutor :

I fixed the issue with the menu, it was something related to the loading of the javascript files used for the menu, so i was able to edit the file and fix it.

ehabtutor :

please test it and let me know how it goes, I tried it on firefox

ehabtutor :

If everything is ok, please take a minute to leave me a positive feedback using the ratings. I am not paid anything unless you rate my answer.

ehabtutor :

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

ehabtutor :

If you need me any time with and technical issues with your magento website or other websites, just post a question here and start it with :****To Ehab Tutor Only****" to make sure it reaches me

Customer:

It looks fixed...? can you tell me the cause of the problem? thanks

ehabtutor :

I don't really know the exact cause, but i changed the way the javascript for the menu is loadded

ehabtutor :

i found online the same problem happen for others on upgrade

ehabtutor :

my only inspection is that the hosting has changed some of its rules which cause the old way

ehabtutor :

that the javascript code for the menu used to load not to function

ehabtutor :

are you there?

Customer:

actually still problems when trying to make changes...saving times out.

Customer:

Also images are not uploading...

ehabtutor :

ok i will check these

ehabtutor :

i'm still working on the issue

Customer:

Hello....?

ehabtutor :

yea

ehabtutor :

I am here

ehabtutor :

I am doing some trials to solve the issues that arised

ehabtutor :

can you tell me where did you try to save and it timed out?

ehabtutor :

i tried to replicate the issue with no success

ehabtutor :

Also what error are you getting when you try to upload images?

ehabtutor :

i could replicate uploading the images issue

ehabtutor :

but the saving doesn't time out on my side

Customer:

Hi there....sorry this was late coming to me, (and I'm in NZ and fell asleep - it's now our morning).

ehabtutor :

sure no problem. i think its a good morning then

Customer:

When I login, and go to a product I can't seem to upload an image I get a red box, also I cant save the item, the rotating window goes around and around....thanks heaps for your help

ehabtutor :

I have been working on the issue. but didn't had luck till now. its a very weired issue indeed

Customer:

yes very much so! we are planning on doing an upgrade from 1.4.0.1 to the latest version

Customer:

but need to find the tie to do it!

Customer:

'time'

ehabtutor :

yeah i think this will fix the issue, I have researched the matter and so suggestions refer to a change that could have been made to the hosting server

ehabtutor :

on how it handles cgi, because normally you don't wake up to find your website not working out of the blue

Customer:

yes exactly...There have been no changes made for months.

Customer:

is there anything we can do to get it working now, and upgrade isnt planned until the end of the month

ehabtutor :

that's why after many trials i did, i am more convinced that its a hosting setup issue

ehabtutor :

ok let me work on it a little bit more. as you can see i was able to get the menu working but other issues arised

Customer:

yeah that would be fantastic

Customer:

im going to restart my computer...can I get back to this window if I close it?

ehabtutor :

yeah just bookmark it

ehabtutor :

whenever i post here you will be notified by email

ehabtutor :

you can do whatever you have and i will be working on this

Customer:

cool...also am happy to increase payment for your work, thanks. We can end this job and load another if you prefer?

ehabtutor :

sure this will be much appreciated

ehabtutor :

you can rate this answer, then you can add bonus on the extra work

ehabtutor :

the question will change to q & a mode once you rate the answer

ehabtutor :

but we can still communicate easily, if you prefer the chat, then go ahead and add a new question after rating this one

ehabtutor :

start it with "To Ehab Tutor Only" to make sure it comes to me

Customer:

ok perfect...I'll do that now

ehabtutor :

oops , please attempt it again

ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner