Tech_Ben
Tech_Ben, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Years of professional experience in C++, Visual Basic, .NET, Java, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL

Trying to help a friend with a business who wants a web site

Trying to help a friend with a business who wants a web site that integrates with Quickbooks.

I have a friend that has a business selling promotional items. She is currently with Web.com , but she states they are hard to get on the phone, they do not communicate with non techies well and they charge for every question.

Any hoo, please give advice as to what my friend should do to get a web site that can integrate with quick books and the web site products and prices can be easily manipulated by the end user with little to no tech support.

I read some reviews about Intuit.com that were not good.

Thanks.

Category: Programming
Expert:  Tech_Ben replied 9 months ago.

Tech_Ben :

Hi Jerry. Thank you for the question.

Tech_Ben :

There are no companies I am aware of who specialize in QuickBooks integrations. QuickBooks (Intuit) provides a framework for developers to leverage in order to create web sites to integrate with QuickBooks.

Tech_Ben :

This is a link to the Intuit Partner Platform (their framework for developers to integrate)

Tech_Ben :

The best thing to do would be to find a local web developer who is capable of using an API he/she has not used before. Likely they haven't worked with QuickBooks API before, but if they are a good developer they should be able to pick it up easily.

Tech_Ben :

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further.

Expert:  Tech_Ben replied 9 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

With the # XXXXX businesses that use qbooks, you would think their are firms that specialize in integrating web sites to Quickbooks.

Where would you look for these firms?

Expert:  Tech_Ben replied 9 months ago.
There's no good place to look for a company like this outside of doing an internet search. Typically there are products out there that offer a framework for a developer to implement (ie - a plug and play solution). I've found a consultant who has worked with a number of developers on integrating with QuickBooks. I would suggest checking with her to see if she can refer you to someone who will suit your needs. Here's the link. Otherwise, here are a few others:

1) Webgility.com
2) PDG Software
3) PinnacleCart

These applications provide a shopping cart system that integrates with QuickBooks, but you still need a developer to put it together for you so it hooks in to your own QuickBooks account.
Tech_Ben, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Years of professional experience in C++, Visual Basic, .NET, Java, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks.

These links are a good start!