Brandon M.
Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience:  Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS
12024030

Please help, I accidently changed my sql database password,

Please help, I accidently changed my sql database password, now my site is down.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

Who is your hosting provider?

Customer:

It's Go Daddy....please help me, I am panicked, it's my brothers professional website and I goofed it up. Do you need the site name?

Brandon M. :

Do you mind providing the GoDaddy login?

Customer:

Customer # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

Password: Molly

Customer:

website is: www.shoejobz.com

Customer:

ftp user is shoe8853 password XXXXX XXXXX#

Brandon M. :

That password XXXXX work

Brandon M. :

Also seems a bit short

Customer:

which one? Molly....it may be molly in lower case

Brandon M. :

It was lowercase.

Customer:

ok, sorry

Brandon M. :

Its ok. Looking into this now

Brandon M. :

Their site is pretty slow today

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX fingers

Brandon M. :

And their panel is down... heh

Customer:

really, does that mean you can't look at anything

Brandon M. :

How did you change the password?

Customer:

I went to "hosting"...then I think I clicked on "my database" and there was an area there to change the password. I meant to change the ftp but changed the sql

Brandon M. :

Yeah, I can't get into the hosting panel

Brandon M. :

Telling me the server isn't responding

Brandon M. :

Are you able to get it to load?

Customer:

I went on go daddy for help but they were pretty lame. Said it's someplace in a php or config file but didn't know where

Brandon M. :

Its slowly loading for me

Customer:

can you go through something like filezilla?

Brandon M. :

Ah, if you are able to still get to the panel and change the password, can get the password XXXXX you.

Customer:

I can get there but I don't know what the old password XXXXX that's the problem. I don't know where to look in the php or config files to link it to the new one

Brandon M. :

Try this password: W87z@hnB8

Customer:

Ok, hold on, I will go change it to that BRB

Customer:

Ok, I changed it but it take a little bit to show up....can you hang on?

Customer:

OMG...you are the BEST! it worked :)

Brandon M. :

Glad to hear it.

Brandon M. :

Glad you were able to get into the panel

Brandon M. :

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask

Customer:

Thank you so much. There's a problem with the site that needs to be fixed but will it cost me more money to ask?

Brandon M. :

Since the topic is different from this one, yes.

Customer:

Ok, I will see if I can figure it out but I won't change anymore passwords :) You get an excellent rating from me. You're a lifesaver

Customer:

What file did you find the password XXXXX?

Brandon M. :

If you open up the site in an FTP client, there is a file called conn.php in the includes directory. In there, it says $password_dbconn = "W87z@hnB8";

Brandon M. :

This site is custom coded so I was glad whomever designed it was good enough to put the connection details in it's own file. :)

Customer:

Excellent, this site has been nothing but problems. It needs to be redone unfortunately. Thank you so much, I'll leave your ratings so you can get back to the next one. You just saved me, my brother would've had my head.

Brandon M. :

No problem. Glad to help. Have a great rest of your night.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX :)

Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience: Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS