Brandon M.
Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience:  Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS
12024030

I have a business that moved, we submitted changes, got them

I have a business that moved, we submitted changes, got them verified and still show up wrong in maps. How do I fix this?

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

Are you referring to Google Places?

Customer:

yes, and google maps. Business is: HEB Music & Dance Preschool

Customer:

address is 1300 W. Euless Blvd, Euless, TX 76040

Brandon M. :

Ok, when did you make the changes?

Customer:

months ago, still can't get it fixed and it is causing us to lose business

Customer:

maybe zip is 76039

Brandon M. :

Im seeing two results.

Brandon M. :

Full Size Image

Brandon M. :

Oops, just a sec.

Brandon M. :

Full Size Image

Customer:

the industrial blvd site no longer exists

Brandon M. :

Ok, I sent in a report to Google for you. When you updated the address, did you actually change it or did you create a new listing?

Customer:

I changed it. Moved it on the map, and verified new address. Still shows incorrectly on all my adwords and anything else that shows a map.

Customer:

google reports will not fix it. I reported this 6 weeks ago.

Brandon M. :

Until the duplicate is removed, it may show wrong. The old location seems to be listed first.

Brandon M. :

Yeah, I was afraid of that. If you go to the old listing, are you able to still claim it?

Customer:

yes

Brandon M. :

The only other thing I can think of that might be keeping this listing here is local listings, such as whitepages, etc. Google uses various resources for their address/phone number information. Is it possible that it is not updated elsewhere?

Customer:

I have updated everything I can find

Brandon M. :

Just a few to check out - they all have the old information. Google crawls these sites.

Customer:

ok thanks

Brandon M. :

No problem. It may take awhile to update as it is manually reviewed but it should work if you are able to update those major services as well as either suspending or editing that listing using the last link I provided.

Brandon M. :

Let me know if you need anything else.

Brandon M. :

If you have no further questions regarding this, please be sure to rate in the lower right corner. If you need anything else, please feel free to reply.