Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in computer programming.
30970729

how to save a flash cc file so that it opens in flash 5?

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Save the files as .fla - you should be able to open the .fla files created in Flash CC in Flash 5 without any issues. It will just show a warning message saying that it's created in a higher version of Flash and may contain newer/unsupported features, and will simply skip over any new data that is not supported by Flash 5.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete, I did that and this is the message I get see attached screen capture...

Hi Lyndie,
It seems that your Flash 5 is unable to open the files saved in CC for some reason.
If the file is zipped, you may have to unzip it first before Flash 5 can open it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the file is not zipped

What is the exact version of Flash 5 you are using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete, I am using Flash CS5

Do you have the latest update installed, CS5 Update 11.0.2?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I presume so. I went up to the menu, clicked on Help, selected updates and it updated. Before I even did all of that, I re-installed from the original disc to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. Im really lost. I have made all these web banners up in Flash CC and they don't export with flash player 10 so yahoo won't accept them, how stupid, now I can't even open them in an old version just to export. I don't know why adobe even bothered releasing CC, or at least it should have come with a warning.... sorry rant over...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

here is a screen capture of the version I am running

Ok, so I have contacted Adobe and the problem with Adobe Flash seems to be that the newer version can be used to open old files, but it is not backwards-compatible, so new files cannot be opened up with older versions of Flash.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not good... not good... thank you Pete

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not good... not good... thank you Pete