Brandon M.
Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience:  Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS

Need a macro in VBA for excel that can consolidate tabs from

Need a macro in VBA for excel that can consolidate tabs from a workbook into one spreadsheet. Keeping each line as separate entry. Need a resolution ASAP. Any excel experts out there?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 11 months ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Brandon M. :

Can you send me the workbook you are working with or an example?

Customer:

Yes just one second. Thanks

Customer:

Sorry how can I sent you the file

Brandon M. :

You can upload it to WikiSend: http://www.wikisend.com/ - Once uploaded, please provide me with the File ID or the URL.

Customer:

Okay it is uploading.

Customer:

Okay looks like I am getting an error when uploading.

Customer:

Getting the Sorry looks like an error occurred while uploading. The file is 462 kb

Customer:

Okay at work so let me try sending from a different computer not on the network

Brandon M. :

You can use any file sharing service, really. There are a few.

Brandon M. :

http://ge.tt/ is another.

Customer:

That website worked

Customer:

Compose a message...

Email preview

Brandon M. :

Got it and have it open.

Customer:

Okay great there are a couple macros in there that I tried for consolidating into the Master

Customer:

What I need is for 01/31/2013 file information to be copied to how ever many rows for the data that it contains.

Customer:

Then next set of rows for 1/30/2013 rows all on the Master

Customer:

It would like

Customer:

would look like

Customer:

POSTED BY:MHIKE
DATE:1/31/2013
DateNameCheck#CoversOutletFoodBEVERAGEAVMiscServiceTaxTotalRoom Non taxedTotal
Banquet Dept 23 (B/L/D) BeerWineLiquor Charge RentalRental
1/31/2013VITESSE 712125B $ 300.00 $ - $ - $ 110.00 $ 166.95 $ 100.23 $ 677.18 $ 200.00 $ 877.18
712125L $ 385.00 $ - $ - $ 385.00 $ 385.00
1/31/2013UNI. OF PORTLAND712419L $ 342.00 $ 71.82 $ 42.16 $ 455.98 $ 75.00 $ 530.98
1/30/2013Thermo Fisher Scientific712921D $ 720.00 $ 150.00 $ 120.00 $ 207.90 $ 103.32 $ 1,301.22 $ 1,301.22
Brandon M. :

But only the actual rows of data, right?

Brandon M. :

Not the stuff at the top

Customer:

That's right just need a header Date Name Check# XXXXX and data below it. Not the name of the individual posted by or date.

Brandon M. :

Ok. Seems easy enough.

Customer:

Yeah it is just don't have the time to figure out the macro seems when they run it only pulls the first two columns over....

Brandon M. :

Gotcha. Ok. Give me a little bit to do some testing.

Customer:

Okay thanks

Customer:

How's it going?

Customer:

Did I lose you?

Brandon M. :

Nope, I am still here. Sorry. Working on your project.

Brandon M. :

Just having a bit of an issue because of the total rows.

Brandon M. :

Oh, I just noticed the total row is always on row 29.

Customer: You don't have to bring a total over
Brandon M. :

Right, I was having trouble removing it. I have an idea though.,

Customer: Okay I am commuting home so out of pocket for two hours but will check back in tonight
Customer: thanks
Brandon M. :

Ok, all done.

Brandon M. :

Sorry that took so long. Was having some issues copying and whatnot. I basically have it copy the header from the second sheet and remove the name and date from it. Then, I have it looping through each sheet and only looking at rows 8-28 (where the data is). It checks the total column. If it is >0 (a value), it selects the row and copies it to the master sheet. Then it moves onto the next sheet.

Brandon M. :

Here you go: Link

Brandon M. :

The macro is called "Test" - you can rename it.

Brandon M. :

It is in Module 4.

Brandon M. :

If speed is an issue (taking too long), I can have it skip to the next sheet as soon as it reaches a zero total row (assuming there will be nothing after it).

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

This is great works fine. I appreciate your work. I will approve for payment.

Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience: Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS