TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Software Engineer
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

For "The Doctor" Only Hello Doctor, Sorry to bother you

For "The Doctor" Only

Hello Doctor,

Sorry to bother you again on this, but SharePoint is such a monster!

The script you used is completely awesome and I love the fact you used default SharePoint dialogs. I like that way better than the previous java script.

I have tried to use the script on various other pages and it is not working...LOL... go figure. I am sure it is something you can figure out, and I am sure it is a SharePoint issue causing it.

Basically I took your script and copied it to another page : https://bsa.sharepoint.com/hr/Pages/Home.aspx

but no dialog pops up. The difference with this page is it is a publishing page and not a web part page as we were working on earlier.

I have been able to get links to open in Dialogs following some examples, however the trick I am looking to do is this:

1. Pass a URL into the spdialog function no matter where the url comes from on the page.

there are a couple of ways that a sharepoint url can be created on the page:

1. sumXXXXX XXXXXnk web part (which is what I am using ALOT)
2. Content Editor web part
3. Main content area within the page

An example that works on any page currently is:

Upload a Document

Howver, I would like to pass a variable as the URL, and in order to allow me specific URLS something like RootFolder= is a good search.

However , I am open to any suggestion.. What ever is easier , even if I had to Hard code the URL in the script that's completely cool.

Something that could work would be:

1. url 1
2. url 2
3 url3

then your jquery could say IF url = 1 or 2 or 3 then open in dialog

but if searching for like: RootFolder= or another key term I could replace is cool too. Whatever you think is easier and could work on all pages and URLs

Anyway, hould you check the HR site https://bsa.sharepoint.com/hr/Pages/Home.aspx

edit page
code is on left hand side under the menu "edit snippet"

thanks!
Category: Programming
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

I don't see the edit page option on that page. Do I not have permissions or am I not looking in the right place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is the gear icon at the top right of the page. I just gave you full control on the site

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ooops hold on I forgot to add the code in...Sorry adding now...Its a web part I need to add in. I was playing with it and forgot to add back in

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
The gear icon on the top right of the page has:

Shared with...
Add a page
Add an app
Site contents
Device manager
Site settings
Office 365 settings

There is no edit option
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok , just added permissions....

I needed to add you to the library that holds the Pages...

You may need to refresh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also just gave you master control of all sites....You should have all permissions now

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Which links do you want to open in a new dialog on that page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New Hire Request

Contractor Action Request

Employee Business card Request

they all have rootfolder= as a common url

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
I have encountered a new issue. I'm working through it.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Larry!

I believe that I got it working correctly.

The issue that I ran into this time is that I could not reference SP.UI.ModalDialog directly. I had to use SP.SOD.executeFunc, as the modal dialog script is registered with the RegisterSOD function.

The code that is on this page now is the one that should be used by default for wherever in the site you use this RootFolder approach. The code on the other page is specific to that page, as I didn't know you would need it on multiple pages.

Let me know if you need anything else or if anything isn't working quite right.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
TheDoctor, Software Engineer
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent!!! Thank you! It works great!!!

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome! Have a great day!