TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Software Engineer
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

For The Doctor Only. Please recreate the Poker Run on Classic

For The Doctor Only. Please recreate the Poker Run on Classic Corvettes KY.
Also make on vettenut the photographs and Tail of the Dragon function the same way as the Poker Run.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 11 months ago.
Hello again Bob! Thank you for requesting me.

I will review this and get back to you soon.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Also knox.htm on classic corvettes

Can you explain what you mean by "recreate" the Poker Run?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Something happened on the server. Maybe just reload it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

And why does the word "Sale" in the Corvette menu look underlined?

There are no pictures on the Poker Run page. I do not have any other copy of that page. There is no way that I could recreate it. In order to do anything with Knox or the TOD page on vettenut, I would need the correct Poker Run page. Do you no longer have it?

And if you mean the "For Sale" option in the main menu, it does not look underlined at all. If you see an underline, then you likely have a browser hijack/adware on your computer. It's a type of advertising spamware/malware.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

There were and I don't know what happened. Thet are named Pic1 thru Pic5 for the Poker Run. The 5 pictures are on the Poker Run page but not used by nivo.

Hello again Bob!

I can make the page use NivoSlider. The picture on vettenut TOD also uses NivoSlider and you do not seem to like how it functions. There are many options that are passed into NivoSlider, such as duration of the images and duration of transition. What is it about the TOD page that you would like to be different so that I have some reference point to work with.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

TOD page does not show the left & right arrows. Poker Run and knox pages need NivoSlider. So does photographs on vettenut.

Alright, you want me to work on the jQuery slider plugin on:

Poker Run
Knox
TOD
Photographs

Working on a slider on four different pages across two sites is more work than I can accomplish for this question value. I will send an under-priced report. You will receive an email at your registered email address. It will provide you with the suggested price and a link to edit the question value.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Well as I have stated before I nevr get eMail from Just Answer. So ?????

You will need to contact customer service. I would recommend that you fix your registered email address or check your spam folder. You can change the question value by editing the question. And customer service should be able to tell you what the price I suggested is. I am not permitted to state it in this thread.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

You will see I opened part two of the question. Nothing from your support group.

Hello again, Bob.

I will take a look.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!

You're welcome.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

.

Hello again Bob,

Did you need something? I am required to reply to every post you make, even if it is just a period. Each time I receive a reply on one of your questions, I must go to that question, review it, and reply. That is time that I am not working on your pages.
Hello again Bob!

Can you provide me with temporary credentials for classic corvettes?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

UserID: classii5

Password: DriveIt$$1

Hello again Bob!

I have updated the Knox page and the Poker Run page. Take a look at them. Remember to press CTRL-F5 while on the pages, just in case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
TheDoctor, Software Engineer
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What files do I need to download for classic corvettes ky? Also I added a picture to members corvettes and I would like to know what I missed or did wrong. Don & XXXXX XXXXX Corvette does not display and not the transition see=ms to be varied in speed.

Hello again,

It is not varied in speed. There is a single speed setting in NivoSlider. It is controlled by computer code and is exactly the same speed each slide, down to the millisecond. The only exception is that NivoSlider will halt the slide show if you hover over the image. This done so the user can view the image longer if they wish. Also, when you hover over,the arrows to progress manually appear. So continuing to progress automatically wouldn't make sense. When you remove your mouse from the image, the time restarts and the slide show will progress again after three seconds.

The files that were altered are:

knox.html
poker run jul 26.html

I also uploaded

jquery.nivo.slider . js
nivo-slider.css
the entire themes folder

On what page did you attempt to add a picture?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

members corvettes And if ou can tell me what is wrong with the menu on

http://www.classic-corvettes-ky.com/Christmas%20Party%20December%209.html I would greatly appreciatte it.

The menu looks fine on that page. What is that is "wrong"?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

here is a copy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

here is a copy - as a matter of fact all pages on

http://www.classic-corvettes-ky.com/2012%20Events.html show the same.

The picture wasn't showing up in the slideshow because it was named incorrectly in the slide show. The file name is

DCW2008.jpg

You were pointing the code to DCW2008.JPG

Your server uses case-sensitive file names.

For the menu, your IE is stuck in compatibility view. You are not viewing the web page the web page the way that the world would view it. At some point or another, the site got added to your compatibility view settings in your browser. It tells IE to only ever display this page in IE7 standards. The menu will not work in IE7.

This is not a coding issue, but a setting in your browser. At some point you turned it on and it will stay on until you turn it off. They place the option to turn it on RIGHT NEXT to refresh, which is really not a smart move on Microsoft's part.

If you look at your address bar, over on the right in IE9/IE10, you will see the refresh option and possibly a stop option (if a page is currently loading). And you might see a search option (depending on your version of IE).

You will also see what looks like a document that has been fractured horizontally. That is the compatibility view button. If you have EVER clicked it while on the classic-corvette's web site, your IE will be stuck using IE7 standards.

You can see if you are in compatibility view by pressing F12. The developer tools will open and the Browser Mode will be set to something like "IE9 Compatiblity View".

To turn that off and make sure that your browser does not automatically go into compatibility view when you go to your site, press the fractured document in your address bar. It should gray out when you do so. Then, Press CTRL-F5 on your web page. Your browser will now go into "Standards Mode", which is what everyone else int he world would be using when viewing your web page.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So what do I do ?

I told you in detail what to do.

You need to go to the page with the menu issue, not the JustAnswer site.

While on your page with the menu, you need to turn off compatibility view. I described exactly how to do this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I turned compatibility view off and still see the menu on the left

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i am using MSIE 8

When I preview 2012 events in browers they are messed up.

When I oreview 2013 events in browser they look good.

Press CTRL-F5 on the Christmas pictures page. It is absolutely necessary that you do so, as the CSS will be cached.

When I go to the 2012 events on your web site in IE8, the menu appears correctly. I cannot say whether or not you broke something in your copy when you preview.

This issue was caused by a page being created without the main.css file included, which should be included in every single page. That is why it is called main.css. A main.css file is usually one that should always be included in every page.

IE8 isn't processing the CSS passed on the AJAX call and this page did not include the main css as part of the main page (it does now). It now works in IE8.

You really should move away from IE8. I am guessing that you are on Windows XP and that is why you are using IE8?

Fewer than 10% of the entire world still uses IE8. Both XP and IE8 are no longer supported by Microsoft. This means that security exploits found in them have not been patched. You put yourself at risk by using them. Additionally, IE8 supports almost no modern web standards.

In any case, the issues with the Christmas Pictures page and the Events page are in no way related whatsoever to the slider on the Knox page or the Poker Run page. I cannot continue to assist with an issue that is unrelated to this question thread. The Christmas pictures page is now fixed (unless you overwrite it). Both the Christmas Pictures page and the Events page appear correctly in IE8 now. Both issues were being caused by bad/missing code in those pages. If you require additional assistance with those pages, please enter a new question.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I use windows 7 ultimate & MSIE 8 What do you think I should change?

I had assumed that you are using Windows XP since you are using IE8.

IE8 was outdated as of five years ago. It officially does not have the support of Microsoft any longer and all major web sites have abandoned support for it. This means that security vulnerability are no longer reported nor patched. By using IE8 on Windows 7, you put yourself at risk of individuals remotely accessing your system, viewing/changing your data without your knowledge. You firewall/security software will not necessarily catch it because you have opened the door by using a software that no longer has any security support.

In Windows 7, you should be using IE9 of IE10. You should also be running Windows Update regularly, as it includes many improvements to Windows and a slew of security patches that help protect you from extremely severe security vulnerabilities. (For instance, there were some that permitted intruders to take pictures with your web cam without your knowledge).

If you were running Windows Update regularly, you would already have at least IE9. To get it, you need to run through Windows Update. You might have to run through it multiple times if it has not run in a long time. You will be presented with a huge number of updates that will take a long time to download and install. But you really, really, really should do it for your own protection and to make sure your system is in top shape.

IE8, by the way, is now used by less than 10% of the internet population worldwide. A site developer should attempt to use the most popular browsers to ensure that he has the an equivalent experience as his target audience. This is why pretty much all vendors/sites have completely abandoned support for IE8. It is an extreme fringe of obsolescence.

If you need assistance updating, please ask a question in the Software Category and state that you need help running Windows Update on Windows 7 so that you can upgrade from IE8 to IE9 or IE10.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK where on pages that I want to correct where exactly do I put:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="DANGEROUS URL REMOVED"></script>

In the head.