ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML

The requirements are to write a program that assists the user

The requirements are to write a program that assists the user in deciding how to pack a specified number of items. The program should first request the number of items to be packed from the user as follows:
Enter the number of items to be packed: 5
A possible user response is shown above in blue.
These items can be packed in either in cartons that hold 4 items or in boxes that hold 5. Your program must determine whether cartons should be used or boxes or whether either can be used or neither will work. Note that either all boxes or all cartons must be used, not a combination. There are four possible results as shown below:
1. Cartons can be used. The 12 items will require 3 cartons.
2. Boxes can be used. The 10 items will require 2 boxes.
3. Neither boxes nor cartons can be used for the 9 items.
4. Cartons can be used. The 20 items will require 5 cartons.
5. Boxes can be used. The 20 items will require 4 boxes.
It is important perform the checks in the proper order. Use the remainder operator to determine whether the number of items will fit evenly within each type of container. To avoid duplication of code, you are required to use Boolean variables to store that information. Be sure to write your code so that the fourth case makes use of the code in the first two cases and does not duplicate it. You are to use console input and output for this program.
Be sure to read the general program requirements that apply to all programs that explain the documentation requirements, coding standards and explains what you must submit with each of the projects.
Programming Project Requirements
The following are components on which the projects will be graded:
• Program Layout 15%
o Proper naming conventions: All constants, except 0 and 1, should be named. Constant names should be all upper-case, variable names should begin in lower case, but subsequent words should be in title case. Variable and method names should be descriptive of the role of the variable or method. Single letter names should be avoided.
o Documentation: The documentation requirement for all programming projects is one block comment at the top of the program containing the course name, the project number, your name, the date and platform/compiler that you used to develop the project. In addition, there should be at least one comment for each class in the program describing what that class does. If you use any code or specific algorithms that you did not create, a reference to its source should be made in the appropriate comment block. Additional comments should be provided as necessary to clarify the program.
o Indentation: Itmust be consistent throughout the program and must reflect the control structure.
• Program Design 15%
o Modularity: Proper use of parameters, use of local variables etc.
o Correct & appropriate use of programming structures (loops, conditionals, classes etc.)
o Efficiency of algorithm
o I/O: Proper use of I/O as specified in the requirements
o File organization: Separate compilation must be used in accordance with standard Java practice. Every class must be a separate .java file. Packages are not to be used.
• Test Data 10%
o A test plan must be included similar to the one in the module 1 case study, section I-D
• Functionality 60%
o Program compiles
o Program executes correctly on all test data
o Meets all requirements
Late programming projects will be accepted, but a 10 point per week penalty will be charged. This penalty is not prorated on a daily basis. Because late projects are accepted, project solutions will not be provided.
Programming projects are not group projects. If two or more students submit projects that are essentially the same project, each student will receive the grade the project warrants, divided by the number of students.
Submission Instructions
You are to submit programming projects in the Assignments folder .You must attach your Java source file(s). All Java source files must have a .java extension. Do not attach .class files. A test plan must also be provided for all projects. In addition, you must provide a screen snapshot of the result of running your program on each of your test cases specified in your test plan. The test plan and screen snapshots should be included in a Word document.
Category: Programming
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Welcome .

Did you need Java code here ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this should be a Java code

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
Ok, was not sure as your questions also mentioned design, test data, test plan etc...

I will work and provide Java code in a few hrs...sound ok ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but I think thee is a requirement portion, not sure it is clear to you, but you did exactly the same assignment for some one not long ago

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
yes I did and I worked only on Java code if I remember..let em know if that works for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that will be fine.

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
Download Answer Link I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to download and run the program ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded it but in the process of running it, will get to you shortly

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
ok, pls let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ATLPROG,

The program run perfectly, thank so much, for your help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Satisfied, program runs ok
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Pls do not relist if you are satisfied with answer.
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML