Brandon M.
Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience:  Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS
12024030

now I need your help. I would like to get the daily rates from

now I need your help. I would like to get the daily rates from LoanSifter.com. I realize that this is an RSS feed but I am slammed work-wise right now. See the website at www.mikecolo.com on the left side. How do I do this???

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

Is your site just coded in HTML or are you using another language like PHP?

BeBoo :

Also, can you point me to the RSS feed for the rates on LoanSifter?

Customer:

I was having computer problems this morning, so I apologize for the late response. I use PHP. LoanSifter won't work after all. What I need to do is to get real time rates and put them on the website. Any recommendations?

BeBoo :

Do you have a site we can get the data from?

Customer:

Sorry for the delay. I am trying to use the same service that is on www.amerimac.com. I have asked the client to check on what service they use. I will get back to you shortly.

BeBoo :

Thanks. Keep me posted.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

An example is http://www.calcoastmtg.com/. Login as follows;

Customer:

Username: miccolo

Customer:

Password: Diamonds

BeBoo :

Looks like that person uses Loansifter (the website).

BeBoo :

It appears to be a simple IFrame. You said that LoanSifter won't work - why not?

Customer:

I just don't know where to start...

BeBoo :

Ok, It looks like there is some sort of user id. Just a sec.

BeBoo :

Ok, the code from that site seems to work fine elsewhere. Let's see about putting it on your site.

Customer:

OK, I need to step out to pick up my daughter from camp. Be back later. thanks for your patience.

BeBoo :

No problem. Would you like me to do the work for you or do you want instructions?

Customer:

You can do the work for me. I am a good tipper. Conversely, you can send me instructions. I assume this is all in XML.

BeBoo :

It's actually HTML but HTML is really a form of XML and can be parsed as such.

BeBoo :

Here is the actual data page: https://www.loansifter.com/rates2v2.aspx?uid=10406

BeBoo :

Now, it's going to take a bit of reworking (which might be out of my league as it would likely involve javascript) to separate the dropdown and the rates.

BeBoo :

I'm going to need your site login information (FTP preferred).

Customer:

| UserName: mikecolo

| PassWord: ]l$V?rC5C3qt

| FTP Server: whl13.webhostinglogic.com

Customer:

I only file I want modified is Templates/mikecolo.dwt. The output should be identical to https://www.loansifter.com/rates2v2.aspx?uid=10406 and this needs to go into the light green section where you see the house icon and the text "For more rates and terms...". I hope this makes sense.

BeBoo :

Ok. I may need to modify your stylesheet (css) for proper formatting but I can also try using inline styling.

Customer:

That's fine with me.

Customer:

I prefer you use the stylesheet.

Customer:

Did the login work?

BeBoo :

Yup. Sorry, been working on another project. Just finishing up with it now.

Customer:

No problem...

BeBoo :

Ok, I have it in a local copy, however, the page that the information is on has a background color set. Trying to work around this.

BeBoo :

Example:

Full Size Image

BeBoo :

Ok, I uploaded the template file and the modified css. Can you rebuild it and upload?

Customer:

Is it possible your you to just send the code and I can try to implement it?

BeBoo :

Ah, sorry - already uploaded it. It's simply just an iframe with a src to that page. I increased the height of #moreRate to accommodate, put in a small jQuery selector to set the background of the iFrame page to transparent.

Customer:

Let me try...

Customer:

Is there a way to control the height and width of the iFrame? The length is too short, such that the last (5th) quote is not showing up. The width is too wide, such that it exceeds the width of the left column. See http://www.mikecolo.com/index.html

BeBoo :

Yup, just set the height of the #ratesIframe {}

BeBoo :

Also, you should do border: 0; as well

Customer:

TX