Brandon M.
Brandon M., Web Designer
Experience:  Web Design for 10 years, HTML, XML, PHP/MySQL, Perl, JavaScript, CSS
12024030

I am trying to edit a sub page however I cant get the sub

I am trying to edit a sub page however I can't get the sub page to display

BeBoo :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

BeBoo :

As I understand it, you have a page on Wordpress, you created a new one and assigned it's parent to the original page. On the original page, you want a link to the sub page, correct?

Customer:

NO. On the website there are already Parent and sub pages, what I wnat to do is edit the existing sub pages

BeBoo :

Ok, they should appear in the Page listing on the left.

BeBoo :

Just by their names, they will not be listed as sub pages in the list.

Customer:

When I goto Pages on the left hand menu and click on All Pages I only get the parent pages listed, that is the problem

BeBoo :

If you search for one of the sub page names, does it show up?

BeBoo :

Also, you may have more than one page of pages - have you checked to see if they are on another page (1, 2, 3, etc)?

Customer:

It does not show when searching and have checked on page 2 of list

BeBoo :

Ok, if you go to the sub page (browse the actual site) - are you able to edit it from there (if your template allows)?

Customer:

No

BeBoo :

Try this. Go to the sub page by browsing the site. It should have an ID number in the URL. Now put this after your domain name, replacing the 14 with the ID number you got: /wp-admin/post.php?post=14&action=edit

BeBoo :

Also, do you have any plugins that might be doing this? Such as PageMash. I would try deactivating a few plugins that sound like they might change the admin view or page listings.

Customer:

No ID number shows in url just the link to the main page eg http://vincentiagolfclub.com.au/golf/the-course/#

Customer:

I will look at the plug ins

BeBoo :

Try id 33

Customer:

This just give me the Edit page screen for the main page,

BeBoo :

From the page source, it appears the sub page is ID 33, the parent is 31.

BeBoo :

Do you have any plugins installed that might affect this?

Customer:

There are acouple but I will need to talk to original devloper before I can delete

BeBoo :

You don't have to delete - you can simply deactivate. If they are still missing, just re-activate them

Customer:

ok

BeBoo :

I would suggest doing them one at a time. Otherwise, if you wish to wait and talk to developer, that is ok too.

Customer:

Have tried a couple but still no joy, I will wait till the developer calls me back

BeBoo :

That is the only thing I can think of since the default Wordpress interface does not hide them

BeBoo :

Let me know if you need anything else.

BeBoo :

Do you still need assistance with this issue? If so, please respond so we can continue. If you are satisfied with the service you have received, please be sure to rate in the lower right corner so that I can receive credit for the time spent with you.

Customer:

The answer from the developer was to scroll to the bottom of the edit page and click on the notes icon in the text boxes that are displayed, however this is still not working, so I will leave this open for another day or so

BeBoo :

No problem.

BeBoo :

Just checking in to see if you still need anything from me.

Customer:

Still a problem, howver I have found that I am describing the problem incorrectly, what my problem is is that I am trying to edit text boxes that have been added to a page rather than a sub page. When I go to edit page and scroll down I can find tghe page layout showing the text boxes etc and when I click on the "notes" icon instead of getting the text displayed I just get options to format and add a new text box.

BeBoo :

Ok, I am not entirely understanding. It might be helpful to setup a remote control session so that I can at least see what you are attempting to do. Would you like to try this?

Customer:

OK can do this now

BeBoo :

Great. Just a sec.

BeBoo :

http://166.78.231.170:8040/ - Enter the password XXXXX

BeBoo :

Great. I am connected. I will open a small chat window that we can use.

BeBoo :

Look forward to hearing from you regarding the update to your theme.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem was caused by the updates to the plugins, had to get original developer to uopdate the theme and problem was resolved.

Sorry no tips as I have already outlaid $55 out of my pocket that I wont get reimbursed from the club