Pradeep
Pradeep, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  BE-Information Technology 2 years of Exp in C, C++ application programming.
15856280

I know the fundamental programming concepts with java, C++,

I know the fundamental programming concepts with java, C++, PHP, JavaScript. I know about data structures.

Before I continue learning more languages I want to build meaningful projects. Are there any good books that will teach you about development that you will use in the workplace? I want to go into a job and be fully ready and not need someone to hold my hand.

What is next for me to learn? Design patterns, MVC, frameworks, API's?

Pradeep :

Dear Sir,

Pradeep :

Welcome to Just Answer!
I shall assist you in your queries.

Pradeep :

It is great to know that, you have learnt C++, PHP, Javascript.

Pradeep :

Out of these the C++ is core language which every programmer should learn. C++ has always been a backbone of every programming language.

Pradeep :

Now that you have learnt this, I would like to suggest you to take a look at the database part as every real world project will always have a database component in it. To start off with, you can go ahead with learning MySQL along with PHP, then move to other database engines.

Pradeep :

After you have a got a sound knowledge of the database, move to the practice area. Then finally you can go ahead with understanding the design patterns.

Pradeep :

Design patterns is the base of all the big sized projects. They will help you a lot in understanding more about the code & effective implementations of data structures along with OOPS concept. Only when you are thorough with the design patterns, finally move ahead with getting knowledge of MVC/ Framework.

Pradeep :

Let me know, if I can assist you more on this. I shall be always available to do so.

Pradeep :

Regards,
Pradeep

Customer:

i actually also have knowledge in database. in particular mysql

Customer:

do you have a particular book in mind that i can get started with? perhaps with javascript since i do want to do web development

Pradeep :

Dear Sir,

In that case you may refer the "The Complete reference, Javascript" book.

Kindly visit the this link in case you wish to buy, http://www.amazon.com/dp/0072191279

Let me know if I can assist you more.

Regards,
Pradeep

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was referring to a book that has specifics to a design pattern. The book you referred me to is pretty general.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want a particular books that will take me from beginner to ready for job tasks

Ok. Then In that case. I woulld recommend you to check for the book,

Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software

This will take you from novoice to begin have sound knowledge of the system. It covers the design patters & their way of its implementations in real world projects along with sample codes.

It will definitely help you understand concepts, get condifence & ready for job tasks.

Regards,
Pradeep
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX like what I am looking for. Just one more thing. I see that book is from the 90's, can you please find a perfect book for me that is more modern? within the last few years.

The latest version what I could find out was 2002, but that was published under limited edition. Though, old version the concepts & examples will remain same.

I would recommend you, not to worry & go for it. It will defniltey help you. Regarding comparison, I find this as the best option to go about design patterns.

Regards,
Pradeep
Dear Sir,

Thanks for positively rating my service.

You can ask me again using "For Pradeep only" at the start of your questions to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.