Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

validation code for my quickbooks pro 2013.

Customer Question

I can't get the validation code for my quickbooks pro 2013. The call agent ask me for a ten digits business phone number. However, I am not in US. My business phone no. only has 8 digits.

Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
I would advise you to get a validation code to enter, by calling 1.800.316.1068 (I am not sure if that can be done from Hong Kong, though... it is a common US 800 number. It is the number for Intuit Customer Service.)

In order for me to advise you more perfectly, please tell me whether your QuickBooks Pro 2013 is For Windows or For Mac (i.e. Apple computer). ?

Also, see if you can Register your QuickBooks copy - see
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/SLN41390

Did you buy your QuickBooks Pro in or from the USA, or in a different country?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried the number yet. My QuickBooks Pro 2013 if for window. I think the main problem is I don't have the 10 digits telephone number in Hong Kong. Is there other way to register?

I have looked into it, and getting a validation code from phone support seems to me to be the best available path to a solution to your problem.

As for calling the 800 number from Hong Kong... it can be done. But you may have to pay international phone rates.
http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html
tells about this.

Dialing 001-1-800-316-1068 will supposedly work, if not inexpensively.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread35157.html
tells more about dialing 800 numbers in the USA from Hong Kong.

There is another factor: time zone. If you call during certain hours, Premium Support is what you will get, which is bound to cost you more. So, call during the equivalent in your time zone of weekday business hours in the USA - that would be roughly 12 hours away from US ET zone time, or about 9 hours added to your time would be the West Coast USA time... I suspect Intuit is in that time zone.

So I advise, in short, calling that number during (your local HK Time) 5 in the morning through 7:30 in the morning. (It is past midnight for me, so I hope I have not gotten the conversion of time zones wrong.)
Good luck. Let me know how it goes, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, can I give you the lincense number and product number, so you help me to get the validation code?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

License: 9995-7397-0355-442

Product No.: 373948

I am not sure that I can act as your agent in this matter.

I will have to 'sleep on it' literally - it is well past the middle of the night here in the US.

If I find that I can, I will do so.

If I cannot, then I will advise you to make the call yourself.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK.
It would be most convenient, I think, if you made the phone call as I recommended; I do not have all the data about the circumstances, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lastly, I can speak to the phone agent and she gave me the validation code. However, when I entered it. It is incorrect. What can I do next?

Did you give the phone agent the accurate information in all respects?

(If not, that might affect the code.)

Is your QuickBooks obtained from a reliable source or retailer? or was it sold 'used' or 'as is', or anything like that?

What error message did QuickBooks give, when you entered the validation code?

Are you sure you copied the code down correctly, digit for digit and with all spacing or lack of spacing ?
If you are not sure, then getting a copy of the validation code *sent* to you, by email for instance, would be the next thing to try, I think.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I will try.

Very well. Let me know what happens. Thank you.