Tech_Ben
Tech_Ben, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  10 years professional experience in Java, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
8287049

Two questions pertaining to programming (I think). 1) There

Two questions pertaining to programming (I think).

1) There are FREE programs, I have heard, that you can download, which makes it possible for someone in a different location to "take control" of your computer and fix issues you may have. I have had a "techic" use this program with my computer a coujple of years ago, but not sure where to locate program.

2) What program can you download to "play" DVD's on your computer.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Kent Proudfit

Tech_Ben :

Hello, thank you for the question.

Tech_Ben :

To answer your first question, there are a number of web technologies that allow you to do remote screen sharing/control. I usually use one called ShowMyPC.com or LogMeIn.com.

Tech_Ben :

As for playing DVD's, the best and easiest (and free) program for this is VLC Media Player. It plays a wide range of video formats, including DVD's.

Customer:

Great, Ben!! Is that located at vlcmediaplayer.com?

Tech_Ben :

The link for VLC is www.videolan.org/vlc

Tech_Ben :

You should be able to click the links I sent to get to all the software I mentioned.

Tech_Ben :

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thank you for coming back and trusting us with your questions!