Tech_Ben, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  10 years professional experience in Java, C++, Visual Basic, .NET, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server

I have a fatal error message and I think I need to increase

I have a fatal error message and I think I need to increase the memory of the data base but I don't know how to do this?

Thank you for the question. Can you tell me what kind of database you are running and the exact error message you get?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is the error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/fuelfixe/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 2678

The database is on Word Press.

Hi Janine,

Thanks for the info. The error is indicating that the 32MB database heap has been exceeded. You'll need to allocate a larger memory heap to the database like you've suggested. In MySQL, the memory is allocated by table, using the max_heap_table_size variable.

Do you have access to the database directly in order to make the change? If not, you'll need to of course request this be done by someone who does have the access. You would need access to a MySQL prompt and to run the following command, (example sets heap to 512MB) followed by a database/server restart:

set @@max_heap_table_size=536870912;
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Ben

Thanks for the data. I can't do this right now, but will have access to that system in the morning UK time. After that I can respond accordingly i.e. vote and pay bonus. Can't do it right now in case it doesn't handle for me, you understand.

Thanks, Janine

Of course. Please let me know how you make out. Thanks!