dmoola
dmoola, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer programmer by day, glass artist by night.
69817063

1. Usually ____ variables are not considered to be equal unless

Customer Question

1. Usually ____ variables are not considered to be equal unless they are identical.
a. string
b. integers
c. character
d. Floating point

2. A(n) _____ decision is a decision in which two conditions must be true for an action to take place.
a. OR
b. XOR
c. AND
d. OR-ELSE
3. C#, C++, C and Java use the symbol ____ as the logical or operator.
a. %
b. $
c. ||
d. ^

4. The logical AND operator can be compared to ____ in terms of precedence.
a. addition
b. subtraction
c. multiplication
d. division

5. The logical OR operator can be compared to ____ in terms of precedence.
a. addition
b. subtraction
c. multiplication
d. division

6. A mistake programmers often make with loops is that they ______.
a. Initialize the loop control variable prior to entering the loop body
b. Increment the loop control variable inside of the loop body
c. Include statements inside the loop that belong outside the loop
d. Enclose the inner loop entirely within the outer loop in a nested loop

7. A comparison is correct only when the correct ____ and operator are used.
a. Expression
b. Operands
c. Statements
d. Index

8. Programmers use the term ____ to describe programs that are well designed and easy to unsderstand and maintain.
a. Industrial
b. Intractable
c. Well-behaved
d. Elegant

9. You usually use the for loop with ____ loops.
a. Indefinite
b. Definite
c. Inner
d. Outer

10. The amount by which a for loop control variable changes is often called a(n) ____ value.
a. Group
b. Key
c. Step
d. Sentinel

11. The ____ loop is particularly useful when processing arrays.
a. For
b. While
c. Infinite
d. Nested

12. Business reports that list only totals with no individual item details are called ____.
a. Detail reports
b. Summary reports
c. Transaction reports
d. Control-break reports

13. Loops are frequently used to ____ that is to make sure it is meaningful and useful.
a. Validate data
b. Restructure data
c. Forcing
d. Blanking
Category: Programming
Expert:  dmoola replied 2 years ago.
Some of these questions could be multiple answers. And some aren't common knowledge, they're likely comparisons made by the author of your text (like 4 and 5). So I cannot guarantee all the answers.

a. string

c. AND

c. ||

c. multiplication

b. subtraction

b. Operands

d. Elegant

b. Definite

c. Step

a. For

b. Summary reports

a. Validate data
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your quick response. Can I rate you after I received feedback from my homework assignment? If so, how can I come back and give you a rating?

Expert:  dmoola replied 2 years ago.
Id appreciate one now, but if you have to wait I'll understand. I just don't know how long the question can sit without timing out.

You probably received email when i responded. Just save that and follow the link.