Eljon, Consultant
Experience:  Founder of

how to open .mdb file without microsoft access

Category: Programming
Expert:  Eljon replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do you want to just look at tables or run an Access database with forms, reports, etc.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This file is a download from a website containing information which would then connect to a usb type device for use.The database would be downloaded onto the device.I cannot save the mdb file to my desktop in order to update the usb type device
Expert:  Eljon replied 4 years ago.
If that is the case the only program that would come close is Apache OpenOffice. They have a database called "Base" that may be able to use that database but it sounds like there are macros that you need Access for to ensure 100% that it will work.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.