LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.
29751445

I need help writing a visual basic code for this problem. A

I need help writing a visual basic code for this problem. A furniture manufacturer makes two types of furniture-chairs and sofas. The cost per chair is $350, the cost per sofa is $925, and the sales tax is 5%. Write a program to create an invoice form for an order. After the data on the left side are entered, the user can display an invoice in a list box by pressing the ProcessOrder button. The user can click the ClearOrder button to exit the program. The invoice number consists of the capitalized first two letters of the customer's last name, followed by the last four digits of the zip code. The customer name is XXXXX XXXXX the last name, followed by a comma, a space, and the first name. However, the name is XXXXX XXXXX the invoice in the proper order. The generation of the invoice number and the reordering of the first and last names should be carried out in user-defined functions.
Category: Programming
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.

LogicPro :

Hi

LogicPro :

Welcome back

LogicPro :

Hope you are doing well

LogicPro :

Let me know the deadline

Customer:

Hi, yes I am thank you! My deadline is not till Monday night near midnight. Did you want me to include a picture of what the program format should look like to? My teacher drew us an example of how it should look like when the program is run

LogicPro :

ok

LogicPro :

upload the file to http://wikisend.com and post download link here.

Customer:

let me know if it is viewable, I was trying to get it all in with the picture

LogicPro :

I see it

LogicPro :

check back in few hours for updates

Customer:

ok, if you have any questions let me know. Also when you do send me the final answer, try not to send it in a zip file because for some reason I cannot find the vb code or run the program in a zip file

Customer:

well I can check back tomorrow morning if that is ok, because I have more homework to do and I still have to get ready for the night. But if you have any questions before I go to sleep I will try to get back to you asap :)

LogicPro :

I will have to send it in zip as there are a lot of fine in vb project and the folder structure is definite. We cannot change the format or the project will not work. You can unzip using any unzipping software and use it

Customer:

ok but last time I had to ask the last person to send me a photo copy of the vb code, if you can do that also that would be ok. I just think it would be easier because I don't download software stuff on my computer unless I have to because I have so much on my computer as it is.

LogicPro :

how you will set up the GUI as the control components are directly associated with the code? Without GUI you will not be able to run the project.

Customer:

what is GUI?

LogicPro :

I can provide you solution in zip file, only then you will be able to GUI.

LogicPro :

GUI - form layout, buttons, labels, and textboxes on the form.

Customer:

how do you get that? I use Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 for my programs and I don't know how to get that on there, because when you send it as a zip file it will open in microsoft visual studios but the vb code wont come up

LogicPro :

I will tell you how to execute the project when I will provide you answer.

Customer:

ok that sounds good. For now i'm gonna get off for the night. Thanx for helping me out i appreciate it a lot :)

LogicPro :

okay, Thank you.

LogicPro :

Download this zip file. Furniture_Invoice_VB2010.zip

LogicPro :

Unzip the project to a folder.
Look for .sln file.
Double click this .sln file to open it in Visual Studio.
Press F5 to run the project..

LogicPro :

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant and fresh answers. It will ensure that question is for me.Please leave a positive feedback/bonus after clicking ACCEPT and ask me if you need more info.

LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.