technicalcat
technicalcat, Software Engineer
Experience:  20yrs experience in programming and computer software

Microsoft Windows 7: Chapter 1 – True/False Instructions:

Customer Question

Microsoft Windows 7: Chapter 1 – True/False
Instructions: Circle T if the statement is true or F if the statement is false.

T F 1. The intranet is a worldwide group of connected computer networks that allows public access to information about thousands of subjects.

T F 2. Windows Internet Explorer, also known as Internet Explorer, is a Web browser that integrates the Windows 7 desktop and the Internet.

T F 3. The Ease of Use button, in the lower-left corner of the Welcome screen, allows you to change accessibility options as long as you have permission to change them.

T F 4. When a program has been pinned to the taskbar, a button with the program icon appears, only if the program is open.

T F 5. Folder windows are the key tools for finding, viewing, and managing information on the computer.

T F 6. A library is designed to help you manage multiple folders and files stored in various locations on your computer. It does not store the files and folders, but rather displays links to them so that you can access them quickly.

T F 7. The Documents gallery is a central location for the storage and management of documents.

T F 8. Until you empty the Recycle Bin, you can recover deleted items from it.

T F 9. The first step when using a gadget is to add the gadget to the desktop.

T F 10. Most programs, such as Microsoft Office or Adobe® Photoshop®, come installed with Windows 7.

Microsoft Windows 7: Chapter 1 – Short Answer
Instructions: Fill in the best answer.

1. A(n) ____________________ is the set of computer instructions that controls the allocation of computer hardware.
2. A(n) ____________________ is a computer that controls access to the hardware and software on a network and provides a centralized storage area for programs, data, and information.
3. A(n) ____________________ is an internal network that uses Internet technologies.
4. ____________________ software consists of programs designed to make users more productive and assist them with personal tasks, such as word processing.
5. A(n) ____________________ interface is the combination of software and input devices that you use to communicate with and control the computer.
6. The ____________________ allows you to discard unneeded objects.
7. A(n) ____________________ is displayed when the contents of an area are not completely visible.
8. The ____________________ button increases the size of a window so that it fills the entire screen, making it easier to see the contents of the window.
9. ____________________ are miniprograms that display information and provide access to various useful tools.
10. Windows ____________________ is available when using Windows 7 or when using any Microsoft program running under Windows 7.

INSTRUCTIONS: Answer each question below. Enter your name and click the 'Grade Test' button to receive a graded study guide. You will not get a grade until all questions are answered.

1. In Windows Help and Support, the More on the Windows website area contains links to ____ content from the Windows Web site.

A: online
B: offline
C: either a. or b.
D: neither a. nor b.

2. A shortcut menu contains commands specifically for use with that object and often appear when you ____ an object.

A: left-click
B: right-click
C: highlight
D: double-click

3. Aero ____ is a translucent glass effect around the borders of the windows that allows you to partially see the items behind the windows.

A: Shake
B: Window Pane
C: Glass
D: Mirror

4. The most popular and widely used operating system is the Windows operating system from ____.

A: Apple
B: Microsoft
C: IBM
D: Intel

5. Windows ____ is a Web browser that integrates the Windows 7 desktop and the Internet.

A: Mosaic
B: Opera
C: Firefox
D: Internet Explorer

6. Press ____ to start Aero Flip 3D.

A: CTRL+TAB
B: TAB+WINDOWS
C: CTRL+WINDOWS
D: CTRL+WINDOWS+TAB

7. ____ windows are the key tools for finding, viewing, and managing information on the computer.

A: Folder
B: Sync
C: Internet
D: Document

8. Windows 7 ____ is the most complete of all editions and includes all the power, security, mobility, and entertainment features.

A: Starter
B: Home Premium
C: Enterprise
D: Ultimate

9. The Aero interface, also known as the Aero experience, features ____.

A: translucent colors
B: various animations
C: both a. and b.
D: neither a. nor b.

10. Internet Explorer and Windows 7 store your favorites as small text files in a special folder on your computer. When you add a favorite, you are creating a(n) ____.

A: cookie
B: icon
C: shortcut
D: tab

11. You can drag the ____ border to enlarge or shrink a window.

A: left
B: right
C: top
D: all of the above

12. Today, most Windows 7 users use their ____ as the user name.

A: first name
B: last name
C: both a. and b.
D: neither a. nor b.

13. Windows ____ is the newest version of the Windows operating system.

A: XP
B: Vista
C: 6
D: 7

14. Windows Media Player lets you ____.

A: play CDs
B: watch DVDs
C: organize digital media files
D: all of the above

15. When you have several windows open at the same time and need to reveal the desktop without closing all of the open windows, you can use the ____ desktop button on the taskbar to quickly display the desktop.

A: Show
B: Reveal
C: Uncover
D: Unveil

16. The ____ button is on the right side of the Address bar.

A: Previous Locations
B: Refresh
C: both a. and b.
D: neither a. nor b.

17. Windows 7 is used to run ____, which are a set of computer instructions that carries out a task on the computer.

A: commands
B: menus
C: programs
D: managers

18. Aero ____ 3D makes switching between your programs as visual and tactile as flipping through papers on your desk.

A: Flip
B: Tab
C: Pages
D: Magic

19. When a computer has been put to sleep using the Sleep command, you can bring it out of the sleep state by ____.

A: pressing the power button
B: clicking the mouse
C: pressing a key on the keyboard
D: all of the above

20. ____ are miniprograms that display information and provide access to various useful tools.

A: Games
B: Gadgets
C: Utilities
D: Accessories
Category: Programming
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.

Do you still need this? Also, is this your final price? I'm going offline now, but if you still need it today (tomorrow) I should be back online and able to complete by early afternoon today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I need it today like know. I thought you guys send questions right away on the same day.
Yes, I mean the same day, early this afternoon TODAY. You have a full exam here :) I sent you an option to get even faster.
OK, it looks like you accepted the faster option. Give me 15 minute to 1/2 hour time for answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not see the answers, what information do you want I want a refund.

Oh you want a refund? It's been just minutes, you haven't accepted anything, I haven't answered, and I haven't even started on the test. I will opt is out to other experts. Good luck!