ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

VB 2010 chapter 6 case programming assignment I am very confused

Customer Question

VB 2010 chapter 6 case programming assignment I am very confused and dont know what to do or where to turn. I have to write a program to calculate the distance travel with the speed limit and days traveling
Category: Programming
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.

ATLPROG :

Hi

ATLPROG :

can you please provide more info

Customer :

the window application has to have somewhere where a user can enter the speed limit and the number of days traveling, after entering the number of hours you want to travel it should show you how many hours and distance you will be traveling that day

Customer :

do you except zip and ppt's

ATLPROG :

Can you please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your file ? Once you do that you will get a page that has the "File ID" and "Download Link". Copy the "Download Link" or "File ID" and please paste it in your reply here.

ATLPROG :

Please don't accept yet

ATLPROG :

i need to first take a look at all the details..are you uploading any word doc that explains how the UI should look like

ATLPROG :

you with me?

Customer :

ok

VacationDistanceCalculatorLW.zip
  • File ID: 512202
  • File size: 160.3 KB
  • Time to live: 7 days
Download link:
Forum link:

Customer :

I could not do anything, it would not reply

ATLPROG :

oh ok

Customer :

what else do you need

ATLPROG :

give me 2 mins

ATLPROG :

let me open the project

ATLPROG :

can you tell me where exactly you are having issues

Customer :

the the application opens displaying the title. The user enters the speed limit and the number of days traveling. the user clicks the distance button to request the number of hours planning to drive over the entire trip should be displayed. non-numeric values should not be accepted.. no more then 20 hours driving.

Customer :

the window application, the user enters the speed limit and the number of days traveling. you enter the number of hours you would like to travel each day. the application displays the distance that you are able to travel for the entire trip based on the speed limit and the hours driven

ATLPROG :

ok

Customer :

the coding errors and I dont know how to fix them or where I went wrong

ATLPROG :

what's the deadline

Customer :

yesterday

ATLPROG :

:)

ATLPROG :

well you have urgency as medium for this question

Customer :

sorry never used before

Customer :

is that a problem

ATLPROG :

you may add bonus looking at the urgency of this question..as it is currently priced as per medium urgency

Customer :

ok?

ATLPROG :

which book do you use

Customer :

microsoft visual basic 2010 comprehensive

ATLPROG :

author?

ATLPROG :

is it Shelly and Hoisington

Customer :

yes

ATLPROG :

please be around

Customer :

im here all night

ATLPROG :

ok

Customer :

this is what my prof said.......

Also your INPUTBOX pop up boxes should be asking for hours depending on the number of days, not speed and # of days.

ATLPROG :

didnt get you

Customer :

i sent the zip file to my prof. and he said and he also sent this

Customer :
  • File ID: 392822
  • File size: 10.5 KB
  • Time to live: 7 days
Download link:
Forum link:
ATLPROG :

got it

ATLPROG :

I am done

Customer :

great what did I do wrong?

ATLPROG :

let me post answer

Customer :

ok

ATLPROG :

Answer Link

ATLPROG :

Please feel free to ask me another question (by starting question with "For ATLProg Only") , if you’re a subscriber, you can do so at no additional cost beyond your monthly payment.

Customer :

thank you it worked, I will review what you did and see where I went wrong. I will keep you in mind

Customer :

what is monthly payment?

ATLPROG :

Please contact Customer Service at 1-888-JustA-20 (1-888-587-8220) (Mon.-Fri., 9am-6pm, Pacific time, excluding holidays).

ATLPROG :

they can answer that

Customer :

ok thank you again

ATLPROG :

sure

Customer :

good night

ATLPROG :

Remember to accept if it looks ok

Customer :

i did

ATLPROG :

it didnt go through last time

ATLPROG :

can you try now

ATLPROG :

you there