LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.

Design a Ship class that the following members: • A field

Design a Ship class that the following members:
• A field for the name of the ship ( a string).
• A field for the year that the ship was built ( a string).
• A constructor and appropriate accessors and mutators.
• A toString method that displays the ship’s name and the year it was built.

Design a CruiseShip class that extends the Ship class. The CruiseShip class should have the following members:
• A field for the maximum number of passengers ( an int).
• A toString method that overrides the toString method in the base class. The CruiseShip class’s toString method should display only the ship’s name and the maximum number of passengers.

Design a CargoShip class that extends the Ship class. The CargoShip class should have the following members:
• A field for the cargo capacity in tonnage ( an int).
• A toString method that overrides the toString method in the base class. The CargoShip class’s toString method should display only the ship’s name and the ship’s cargo capacity.

Demonstrate the classes in a program that has a Ship array or arrayList. Assign various Ship, CruiseShip, and CargoShip objects to the array elements. The program should then step through the array, calling each object’s toString method.
Category: Programming
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.

LogicPro :

hi

Customer:

Hello

LogicPro :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will help you.

LogicPro :

When do you need it?

Customer:

By 11pm est tonight if possible

LogicPro :

In how many hours?

Customer:

It's about 10 hours

LogicPro :

I will provide you answer ASAP.

Customer:

I appreciate it.

LogicPro :

thank you

LogicPro :

Download this zip file. Ship_Java.zip

LogicPro :

Unzip to get all the java files.

LogicPro :

Run ShipMain.java file.

LogicPro :

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant and fresh answers. Please leave a positive feedback/bonus after clicking ACCEPT and ask me if you need more info.

Customer:

One thing I'm confused about is how does it interact with the other files, we're expected to do this in class as well, and I don't quite understand

LogicPro :

please wait.

LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.
Classes are intereacting usning constructors. See in class CruiseShip, when you pass values to constructor, the constructor passes to parameters to super class constructor:
public CruiseShip (int mp, String n, String y)
{
super(n,y);
maxPasangers = mp;
}
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer