LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.

Advanced Unix Commands 1. When you use the paste command,

Advanced Unix Commands
1. When you use the paste command, by default, the pasted results appear in columns separated by commas.
(Points : 1)
True
False
2. The root of a file system is denoted by the ____. (Points : 1)
dot (.)
dot dot (..)
forward slash (/)

backward slash (\)

3. The term ____ refers to a “black hole”; any data sent to this device is gone forever. (Points : 1)
void
root
null
console

4. The cp ____ option creates a symbolic link or name at the destination rather than a physical file. (Points : 1)
-s
-y
-l

-n

5.
The command rmdir can be used to delete a directory that is not empty.
(Points : 1)
True
False

6. A(n) ____ is used to reduce file fragmentation, because a block of contiguous disk storage can be reserved for a file. (Points : 1)
partition
node
journal
extent

7. The ____ option of the paste command is used to specify a different separator as a delimiter. (Points : 1)
-t
-o
-d

-s

8.
UNIX/Linux store data, such as letters, product records, or vendor reports, in flat ASCII files.
(Points : 1)
True
False

9. The paste command normally sends its output to ____. (Points : 1)
stdout
null
stderr
the file indicated as an argument

10. To redirect the list of the files in a directory to a file called homedir.list, you enter ____. (Points : 1)
ls homedir.list
homedir.list ls

11. The ____ is shorthand for the home directory, which typically has the same name as the user’s account name. (Points : 1)
backward slash (\)
forward slash (/)
dollar sign ($)

tilde (~)

12.
The rm -r command can be used to delete a directory that is not empty.
(Points : 1)
True
False

13. The command > accountsfile ____. (Points : 1)
deletes de file accountsfile
is not valid in UNIX/Linux systems
displays the contents of the file accountsfile on the screen
creates an empty file called accountsfile

14. A(n) ____ path begins at the root level and lists all subdirectories to the destination file. (Points : 1)
root
primary
absolute
relative

15. If you plan to have multiple users access a system, you can create a ____ partition, which is the home directory for all users’ directories. (Points : 1)
/root
/etc
/usr

/home

16.
UNIX/Linux systems interpret a single dot character to mean the current working directory.
(Points : 1)
True
False

17. You use the ____ command to display a directory’s contents, including files and other directories. (Points : 1)
dir
d
pwd
ls

18. A sorting ____ is a field position within each line. (Points : 1)
index
key
column
position

19. The ____ partition acts like an extension of memory, so that UNIX/Linux have more room to run large programs. (Points : 1)
backup
primary
virtual
swap

20. The ____ directory contains configuration files that the system uses when the computer starts. (Points : 1)
/boot
/bin
/dev

/etc

21. You can change the pattern of permission settings by using the ____ command. (Points : 1)
chperm
chmod
chsec
chown

22.
If you plan to have multiple users accessing your system, you should consider having a /var partition in which to store some or all of the nonkernel operating system programs that are accessed by users.
(Points : 1)
True
False

23. You can use the ____ command to create empty files. (Points : 1)
touch
create
make
null

24.
Moving and renaming a file are essentially the same operation.
(Points : 1)
True
False

25. The UNIX file system (ufs) supports ____, which automatically move data on damaged portions of disks to areas that are not damaged. (Points : 1)
hot fixes
backups
recovery fixes
extents

26.
The command cd source uses relative path addressing.
(Points : 1)
True
False

27. To move a file, you use the ____ command along with the source file name and destination name. (Points : 1)
rm
rename
mv
move

28.
A disadvantage of ufs is that it does not support journaling.
(Points : 1)
True
False

29. When you no longer need a file, you can delete it using the ____ command. (Points : 1)
rm
remove
dl
delete

30. System administrators and programmers refer to standard input as ____. (Points : 1)
sin
stin
stdin
standardin

31. The ____ directory contains executables, which are the programs needed to start the system and perform other essential system tasks. (Points : 1)
/boot
/bin
/dev

/etc

32. The ____ command is used to look for patterns in files. (Points : 1)
awk
find
pattern
search

33. You can use the ____ operator to redirect commands or program error messages from the screen to a file. (Points : 1)
1>
2>
3>
4>

34. The two most popular hard disk interfaces are IDE and ____. (Points : 1)
ATA
SCSI
EIDE
RAID

35. The join command is used to associate information in two different files on the basis of a common field or ____ in those files
Category: Programming
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you find answers?
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you! i got till Thursday
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.
Can you upload the formatted document to http://wisend.com?
Then post download link here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Advanced Unix Commands

(Points : 1)
True
False

dot (.)
dot dot (..)
forward slash (/)

backward slash (\)

3. The term ____ refers to a "black hole"; any data sent to this device is gone forever. (Points : 1)
void
root
null
console

-s
-y
-l

-n

5.

(Points : 1)
True
False

partition
node
journal
extent

-t
-o
-d

-s

8.

(Points : 1)
True
False

stdout
null
stderr
the file indicated as an argument

ls < homedir.list
ls > homedir.list
homedir.list < ls

homedir.list > ls

11. The ____ is shorthand for the home directory, which typically has the same name as the user's account name. (Points : 1)
backward slash (\)
forward slash (/)
dollar sign ($)

tilde (~)

12.

(Points : 1)
True
False

deletes de file accountsfile
is not valid in UNIX/Linux systems

root
primary
absolute
relative

15. If you plan to have multiple users access a system, you can create a ____ partition, which is the home directory for all users' directories. (Points : 1)
/root
/etc
/usr

/home

16.

(Points : 1)
True
False

17. You use the ____ command to display a directory's contents, including files and other directories. (Points : 1)
dir
d
pwd
ls

index
key
column
position

backup
primary
virtual
swap

/boot
/bin
/dev

/etc

chperm
chmod
chsec
chown

22.

(Points : 1)
True
False

touch
create
make
null

24.

(Points : 1)
True
False

hot fixes
backups
recovery fixes
extents

26.

(Points : 1)
True
False

rm
rename
mv
move

28.

(Points : 1)
True
False

rm
remove
dl
delete

sin
stin
stdin
standardin

/boot
/bin
/dev

/etc

awk
find
pattern
search

1>
2>
3>
4>

ATA
SCSI
EIDE
RAID

35. The join command is used to associate information in two different files on the basis of a common field or ____ in those files. (Points : 1)
index
link
column
key

36. ____ are programs that perform operations such as copying files, listing directories, and communicating with other users. (Points : 1)
Extents
Utilities
Applications
Services

37. To navigate the UNIX/Linux directory structure, you use the ____ command. (Points : 1)
nav
cd
mv
jump

38. When you use find, it is useful to note that some UNIX versions require the ____ option after the file name to display the names of files. (Points : 1)
-display
-print
-show

-names

39.

You can complete a project using awk that you cannot complete using a combination of paste, cut, sort, and join.

(Points : 1)
True
False

40.

When you are moving files, using the -o option with the mv command can be a good idea so that you don't unexpectedly overwrite a destination file with the same name.

(Points : 1)
True
False

Does this help?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.
I will check and reply ASAP
Expert:  LogicPro replied 2 years ago.
Download answer from here Advanced Unix Commands multiple choice.docx
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant and fresh answers. Please leave a positive feedback/bonus after clicking ACCEPT and ask me if you need more information
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.