ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Write a program that performs long multiplication. Prompt

Write a program that performs long multiplication.

Prompt the user for a three digit integer x
Prompt the user for a two integer y
Compute x multiplied by y using a similar display as follows:
NOTE: setw can be used to perform right alignment.

123
13
____

369
1230
_____
1599
Category: Programming
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Hi Welcome to Just Answer, It will be my pleasure to help you.

Can you please send me details of your asignment so that I have a complete picture of what you are trying to accomplish ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For ATLProg only

Prompt the user for a two integer y

123
13
____

369
1230
_____
1599

Optional Information:
Programming Language: C++

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
How soon do you need this answered ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's homework for a Monday class I have at 1 pacific standard time, but I'm working on it right now and I'd just like to get it done. I'm at school because my computer doesn't have the right programs yet.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Would it be ok if I provide the answer to you by tomorrow afternoon same time ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that can work. Thanks so much. I appreciate it.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Great. Thanks. I will work on it and leave you a message when I am done. You should receive a automated email when I leave message, but feel free to check the answer here at this link if that is more convenient.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. Yea each week for homework we have to write anywhere from 2-4 programs. This is my last one and I just can't figure it out. Thanks
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
OK...cool ..

Please start your question text with "For ATLProg Only" to request me again, next time you need help!

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-atlprog/ - Please bookmark this link to request me again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll definitely keep you in mind. Had no idea about this website. Just typed this problem into google and you popped up. haha
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
:) Well now you know !! See you tomorrow !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by the way, my class is an intro level class. i don't think this program requires anything too complicated, but all we know are like declaring variables and constants, the libraries iostream iomanip and math.h. cout, cin, the basic stuff. just wanted to varify that so that you didn't send me something I didn't recognize or the teacher would know I didn't come up with it.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
ok..thanks for info
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

here's what I have so far. Just not sure how to use the setw precision thing. or how to get it to multiply and add the way my teacher has it in the example

//Programmer: Kevin Wenclewicz

//Date: September 23, 2011

//Description: This program will multiply a three digit integer by a two digit integer.

#include<iostream>

#include<iomanip>

using namespace std;

//DECLARE CONSTANTS

const int TENS=10;

int main (){

//DECLARE VARIABLES

int x; //THE THREE DIGIT NUMBER WHICH WILL BE ENTERED FIRST

int y; //THE TWO DIGIT NUMBER WHICH WILL BE ENTERED SECOND

int z; //THE FINAL ANSWER

//DISPLAY OBJECTIVES

cout<<"Welcome to the program Long Multiplication!\n"

<<"This program will multiply a three digit integer by a two digit integer.\n\n\n";

//PROMPT INPUT

cout<<"Enter a three digit number:"<<setw(7);

cin>>x;

cout<<"\n\nEnter a two digit number:"<<setw(7);

cin>>y;

cout<<"\n_____"<<setw(7);

//COMPUTATIONS

z=x*y;

//DISPLAY OUTPUT

cout<<"Given that x is "<<x<<" , and y is "<<y<<" , then x*y="<<z<<".";

return 0;

}

Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Let me take a look and get back to you
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please let me know when you are here. The answer is ready for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm here
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Please download the answer from this Answer_Link
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to download answer ?
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to hit the Green accept button if you think my answer helped, so that I get paid for the time spent. I would obviously continue to help you if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
o wow...i thought i replied a long time ago....sorry. i said the answer had an unknown scope so i couldnt compile it, so i couldnt run it. how do i get it to global scope? just write it myself and see if it works?
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
what does this mean , what compile time error are you seeing. Can you send me a screenshot ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its not an error during compilation, its that the option at the top of the bar with like file, edit, debug, etc, for compiling isnt there. im pretty sure if i just write it myself in the morning it will be fine. thanks for the help :) i'll officially accept the answer once i write it myself tomorrow and make sure it works
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Send me a screenshot and I will be able to help...

This is a very straight-forward program and you should not have any issues running it...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im sorry can you re-post the answer?? i dont whats wrong with my computer but im not seeing the file i donwloaded from the link you posted. then when i went to click on the link from your response this morning nothing was coming up
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can, as soon as you accept answer
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.

ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i figured it out. thanks for the help!!! :) there's a good chance i'll be back haha.
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 2 years ago.