ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

A large company pays its salespeople on a commission basis.

A large company pays its salespeople on a commission basis. The salespeople receive $200 per week plus 9% of their gross sales for that week. For example, a salesperson who sells $5,000 worth of merchandise in a week receives $200 plus 9% of $5,000, or a total of $650. You have been supplied with a list of the items sold by each salesperson. The values of these items are as follows :

Item

Value

1

239.99

2

129.75

3

99.95

4

350.89

Develop a Java application that inputs one salesperson's items sold for last week and calculates and displays that salesperson's earnings. There is no limit to the number of items that can be sold by a salesperson.
Category: Programming
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 3 years ago.

ATLPROG :

Hi

Customer:

hello

ATLPROG :

Welcome back

Customer:

thanks hah

Customer:

The items and values thing was a chart, so 1 goes with 239.99 and 2 goes with 129.75, and so on

ATLPROG :

Can you please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your file ? Once you do that you will get a page that has the "File ID" and "Download Link". Copy the "Download Link" or "File ID" and please paste it in your reply here.

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/251902/Sales.docx

Customer:

Any idea how long you think it would take?

ATLPROG :

The question says "There is no limit to the number of items that can be sold by a salesperson. "

ATLPROG :

First of all do we have to get the value of items from the user via console entry or can we hard code it in the code?

Customer:

hmm, im not sure

ATLPROG :

Have you introduced to Collections like List etc?

Customer:

I think hard coding in the code would be fine

ATLPROG :

ok

ATLPROG :

would have it ready soon

Customer:

no not yet

Customer:

ok thank you!

ATLPROG :

Thanks

Customer:

hows it coming?

ATLPROG :

going good

ATLPROG :

give me 2 mins

Customer:

perfect

ATLPROG :

Answer Link

Customer:

program works great, but i needed it as Sales.java and SalesTest.java is that a big problem to fix?

ATLPROG :

It would take some time as would have to do it quite differently

Customer:

hmm

ATLPROG :

Would appreciate if you can raise a separate question and start with "For ATLProg" and i would be happy to post the modified program

Customer:

Well i would but I needed it rather soon

Customer:

I dont think half hour is enough time

ATLPROG :

would be done sonner

Customer:

what is sooner?

ATLPROG :

15m ins

ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML