ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Have another C+ program problem. Getting a better handle on

Have another C+ program problem. Getting a better handle on it but the code just isnt working. Would love to get an answer to this one too!

PRACTICE PROGRAMMING PROBLEM #3
Write a C program that calculates and prints the average and total of several employee salaries entered by the user. The program should first prompt and edit the user to enter the number of salaries to process(edit so at least two salaries must be entered). It should then prompt the user for each salary. As each salary is entered, the program should ensure that the salary entered is in fact "positive" (i.e., greater than zero). If the salary is not positive, an error message should be displayed (as shown below), and the user should be re-prompted for a positive salary. Once all salaries are entered, the program should calculate and print the average and total of all of the positive salaries entered.
The dialog with the user is sampled below (you can change the introductory greeting to say anything you want):
Welcome to the Sears Employee Calculator Program.
This program calculates the average and total of as many employee salaries as you wish to enter.
First, enter the number of salaries to process: 4
Now enter the 4 salaries to be averaged.
Enter salary #1: 10000
Enter salary #2: 8000
Enter salary #3: -20000
*** Invalid entry. Salary must be positive. ***
Enter salary #3: 25000
Enter salary #4: -3333
Enter salary #4: 52000
The Average of the 4 salaries entered is: $ 23750.00
The Total of the 4 salaries entered is: $ 95000.00
A user-friendly message of your choosing should precede the dialog and explain the program(you should change the first sentence). I would like you to line up the total and average by the decimal points.
We know that there are limitations to the size of float variables, so be careful not use salaries that exceed those limits as you test your program.
Hints:
* This program requires variables of type int and type float.
* Use printf and scanf statements to first prompt the user for the number of salaries to be processed.
* This program requires at least 3 loop structures (for, while or do – use your judgment).
* A loop requires some a printf and scanf statement to prompt user for a salary.
* A loop also requires selection structures (if, or if else) statement to check for negative salary and entry numbers.
* The selection structures require printf statements to output error messages.
* A loop requires a calculation to keep track of the sum of salaries entered (accumulator).
* Once all salaries are entered (after the end of the loop), this program requires a calculation to determine average, and then a printf statement to display the average.
* To line up the decimal places – you can use a format specifier like: % 12.2f
Category: Programming
Expert:  ATLPROG replied 3 years ago.

ATLPROG :

Hi,I will provide an answer for this one too soon

ATLPROG :

Just like your previous question can you please upload the assignment in word doc

Customer:

here it is.....been working...................http://wikisend.com/download/542822/C+ Practice Program 3.docx

ATLPROG :

I am done with the second program too, let me know when you are online and i would post the solution

Customer:

back on

ATLPROG :

ok posting the solution

ATLPROG :

Answer Link

Customer:

ok, let me download it

ATLPROG :

ok

Customer:

was the same file as the first on

Customer:

one

ATLPROG :

no its different

Customer:

weird...let me try the link again

ATLPROG :

Sorry infact it is

ATLPROG :

uploaded the wrong file

ATLPROG :

Let me post again

Customer:

no problem....my brain is toast too!

ATLPROG :

Answer Link

Customer:

fantastic....wish I could figure all this out.

Customer:

I know who to submit question to from now on

ATLPROG :

:)

ATLPROG :

Glad i am able to help you

Customer:

accepting and tipping...thanks so much

ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML