Alex
Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years of development experience in c#, vb, java, SQL Server, Oracle.
50749495

Find an example of a business facing a legal, ethical, and/or

Find an example of a business facing a legal, ethical, and/or social responsibility dilemma. Create a one-paragraph summary of the dilemma and the steps you think the organization should take to resolve the issue
Category: Programming
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
Alex :

Sure, when did you need this?

Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ Years of development experience in c#, vb, java, SQL Server, Oracle.
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
Taken from: ***** of Entrepreneurship, 9(1), 1-2
Language: English
Date: 2007
Owens Saw Mill has the opportunity to buy a new saw that will reduce their labor cost by 50%. They will also have to lay off half of their employees as the new saw is highly efficient and can perform the work of several employees. The social delimma they face is that the laid off workers will find it difficult to find another job in the small community. The company must decide if they should keep the employees or buy the new saw that will increase profits and allow the mill to stay competitive. While there will be some damage to their goodwill by switching to the use of the new saw the company should go ahead and do so as they have no choice to do so if they want to compete on price with other mills. The company should give the workers plenty of time to find another job and also help them with assistance in retraining them for other vocations. As long as the employees feel the company is doing their best and that they must make the change to save the mill they will understand and hopefully not harbor ill-feelings toward the company on a permanent basis. Also, providing the workers with an equitable separation package will also alleviate some of the pain of losing one's job.
Alex, Computer Software Engineer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also need reference please.

Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
A Family Owned Business Facing an ethical dilemma. 2007.
New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, 9(1).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you .

Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.

No problem. Let me know if I can help in the future.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had two more assignment did you get them?

Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
It looks like your questions have already been responded to by other experts. Let me know if there are any that aren't currently being worked.
Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.