Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL

I am trying to create a c# XXXXX program from the following Write

I am trying to create a c# XXXXX program from the following

Write a program that inputs the amount of the purchase and calculates the shipping charge based on the following table:
$0.00 - $250.00: $5.00
$250.01 - $500.00: $8.00
$500.01 - $1,000.00: $10.00
$1,000.01 - $5,000.00: $15.00
over $5,000.00: $20.00

so far I have this but its not complete nor displaying the shipping values.

double saleAmount = 0;
double shipping = 0;
Console.WriteLine("A program that inputs the amount of the purchase and calculates the shipping charge");
Console.WriteLine("Enter a purchase amount to find out your shipping charges: ", saleAmount);
Console.ReadLine();

if (saleAmount > 5000) shipping = 2000;
else if (saleAmount > 1000) shipping = 1500;
else if (saleAmount > 500) shipping = 1000;
else if (saleAmount > 250) shipping = 800;
else if (saleAmount > 0) shipping = 500;
else shipping = 0;
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
I can complete this for you very shortly. Please check you email for a notification.
Thanks,
Ingo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure I would like for you to complete this for me. I don't know if you already have solved it I did not see anything in my email besides the message above to tell me check my email.

Thanks

Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
Here you go:

using System;

namespace shipping
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
double saleAmount = 0;
double shipping = 0;

Console.Write("Enter a purchase amount to find out your shipping charges: ");
string line = Console.ReadLine();
saleAmount = double.Parse(line);

if (saleAmount > 5000) shipping = 20;
else if (saleAmount > 1000) shipping = 15.00;
else if (saleAmount > 500) shipping = 10.00;
else if (saleAmount > 250) shipping = 8.00;
else shipping = 5.00;

Console.WriteLine(String.Format("Your merchandise in the amount of ${0:f2} will incur a shipping charge of ${1:f2}", saleAmount, shipping));

Console.Write("Press any key to exit...");
Console.ReadKey(false);
}
}
}
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
perfect. That works thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ingo,

I hope that you are online. I have a programming question that has been opened all day and it appears no one is working on it. I hope that you can work on my open question and respond with an answer asap. Also I will give you a bonus if you are able to.

Thanks

Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
Go ahead, shoot. I'm here at the moment but nothing too complicated, please :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you see what I already have opened. Or do I have to send you the details. Because I am afraid I will pay twice for the same question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I hope this is not too complicated.

In C# using visual studio 2008.

Using Methods, Write a program that simulates calculation of building cost. This program will ask the user for a number of inputs that you will have to determine based on the problem statement. Your program will then calculate the cost of a building based on these inputs.

Problem Statement.

A company would like you to design a program that will generate a building cost that is based on the square feet of the building times the number of floors. The square foot building cost is 100/sqft.

Also computed into the cost is the number of windows requested and the number of doors. When a user enters the number of windows or doors you must also determine the type of window or door that they want to get the cost.

Doors:

• Flat- 100/door
  • 3 panel- 150/door
  • 5 panel - 200/door

Windows:

• Aluminum -200/window
  • Wood - 250/window
  • Vinyl - 350/window

You will define a menu method that will allow the user to choose what cost they want to add, and if they want to continue.

You will define a window cost method that will take as an argument the number of windows they want, inside the method you will identify what type of window they want and then calculate the cost.

This method will return the total cost of all windows.

You will define a door cost method that will take in the number of doors that they want. Inside the method you will determine the type of door and the total cost of all doors. This method will return the total cost of all doors.

You will define a method that calculates the square footage price of the building. This method will take in length and width and the number of floors. (square foot is defined as length * width)

This method will return the total cost of the buildings square foot price.

The last method is the total cost method. This method will take the window, door and square foot cost as parameters it will return the total cost of the building.

Also include a flow chart and pseudo code and make sure your code includes comments.

I have two hours to do this so the quick the better. And a bigger bonus.

Here is the table format

You must have a test data table that will show your test data.

Length

Width

#floors

#doors

Door type

# windows

Window type

Total cost of building

25 100 1 5 2 8 3 $253,550.00
Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
YOu won't get charged twice, you only pay when you click the ACCEPT button.
But I don't see another open question from you that hasn't been answered yet.
It might be easiest if you re-post the question here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok great. I sent you the problem. Let me know if you have received it.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
OK, it's not too complicated but it's too tedious for 2 hrs and honestly I don't have 2 more hrs in me tonight. I'll opt out for now, there are other guys around the world that might take it, and I'll check back tomorrow; if nobody has taken it on I think I'll be able to do it.
Current time here 9:15 pm EST USA

Regards,
Ingo

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already have some code would you be able to modify it then. Because the work is due by 12 tonight.

Sorry

Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I'm going to have to pass.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 years ago.
I see no one has jumped in, would you still like help on this? Sometimes deadlines can be extended...