lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Several years of intensive programming and application development experience in various platforms.
16528259

Write A Java Application That Inputs Three Integers From

Customer Question

1. Write a Java application that inputs three integers from the user and displays the sum, average, product, smallest, and largest of the numbers. Use a Scanner object to get the input from the user. Use System.out to output the results. The average should be a floating point result, and should be displayed with two digits after the decimal point.

2. Student will modify the Java application from program 1. The new version of the program will use JOptionPanes for input and output. Use String.format(“%.2f”, doubleVariable) to create a string representation with two digits following the decimal point.

I am using eclipse software browser is IE8, and I think compiler is JAVA based through eclipse. I will be away from terminal for several hours, but if you need any questions answered, then let me know. As you know, I will ONLY work with you. The time for this is 4 days, and is relatively simple, just have a heavy case load with statistics, and calcIII this semester.

As you always do, show how you do the work, so I can learn from it.

Category: Programming
Expert:  lifesaver replied 3 years ago.

I will have the program ready well within your deadline.

Thanks.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 3 years ago.

Please use this code:

[CODE]

import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
public class JavaProg
{
public static void main (String[] args)
{
int num1, num2, num3;
String input;

//accept user input
input = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Please enter integer 1.");
num1 = Integer.parseInt(input);
input = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Please enter integer 2.");
num2 = Integer.parseInt(input);
input = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Please enter integer 3.");
num3 = Integer.parseInt(input);

//calculate sum,product,average
int sum = (num1 + num2 + num3);
int product = (num1 * num2 * num3);
double average = (sum / 3.0);

//calculate largest using math.max function
int largest = Math.max(num1, Math.max(num2, num3));
//calculate smallest number using math.max function
int smallest = Math.min(num1, Math.min(num2, num3));

String avg = String.format("%.2f",average);
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "sum = " + sum + "\nproduct = " + product + "\naverage = " + avg + "\nSmallest = " + smallest + "\nLargest = " + largest);

}

}

[/CODE]

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks.
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Several years of intensive programming and application development experience in various platforms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have another project if you can help it is as follows and is 3-4 days out.

I was not able to see output from code....but not expert in Java....transitioning from VS to Java.

New question:

Write a Java application to calculate the circumference and the area of a circle. Your application must have two classes. The Circle class will have two methods: the circumference method and the area method. Each method will take a double input parameter as the value of the radius, perform its calculation, and return a double result.

The CircleTest class will have a main method that uses a JOptionPane to get the value of the radius from the user. The main method will create an object of the Circle class and test its methods. The main method will also use a JOptionPane for output. Use Math.PI and the Math.pow method in your calculations.

Limit your output to three digits after the decimal point by using the String.format method. Add exception handling to your program so that, if the user inputs something other than a string of digits, your program catches the exception and gives the user another chance to input the value of the radius.