ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

Formular for calculating inventory cover required. Eg if forcast

Formular for calculating inventory cover required.
Eg if forcast sales is 300units and I have 10 units in stock my cover in weeks would be 52/(300/10). However I want to know how many units I need to have a cover of 6 weeks.
Please help!!!
Category: Programming
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

ok i really don't understand why are you using an if statement

All you need to do is use this formula to find out the number of units needed to cover x number of weeks

lets assume that the sales forcast is in cell B3 and the weeks to cover is in cell B9 then the number of units needed is

= (B3*B9) /52

I would also suggest rounding to the higher digit

so it would look like this:

=ROUNDUP((B3*B9)/52,0)

I am also attaching a sample file Here

If you need any further assistance just ask. A bonus is highly appreciated

Regards,

EhabTutor

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am currently travelling will check your response and get back to you
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

No problem, i hope my answer addresses what you want

If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to ask. Even after you accept i will still continue to help you

Regards,

EhabTutor

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Ehab,

Thank you for thatesponse but what I'm trying to get to is if I want 6 weeks cover and as a result of stock count I have stock for only 2 weeks how much do I need to order to make up my 6 week requirement. That's why I was trying to use the if statement.
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

ok i am working on it

Regards,

EhabTutor

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

ok here is your new formula:

=ROUNDUP(((B3*B9)/52)-(B3*F4/52),0)

You can find the sample here

you can now change all the factors and see how this applies to the number of units needed

If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

EhabTutor

ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner