Raj
Raj, Computer Engg.
Experience:  BE CS, 4+ Experience in Programming and Database (ERP)

Write a program to shuffle a deck of cards (52 cards, no jokers)

Write a program to shuffle a deck of cards (52 cards, no jokers) and print the list of cards in the shuffled deck. Your program should have three functions: 1) shuffle the deck, 2) display the name of a card, and 3) return the point value of a card.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
can you specifu your problem in more detail??
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
if you will explain your problem with more details then we will be able to help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have to just shuffle the cards, and then have the shuffled cards print their values. The face cards have a value of ten except aces,... all other cards are their numbers. But I have to have shuffle as a seperate function, displaying the name of the card as a function, and the point value of the card as a seperate function. the display is suppossed to turn out like
Ace of Spades is card #XXXXX counts as 11
7 of Hearts is card #XXXXX counts as 7

The card number is XXXXX where it is drawn in a shuffle.
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
when do you need the code??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
as soon as possible. I am still trying some stuff but I don't think I am doing it right,.. I also have to use an array for the deck and this is really my first time using arrays. I just started programming about a month ago, I am very new.
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
ok what are you usibg ti suffle cards??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was going to try to use
srand(time(NULL));
in the main function,.. I am not sure if I should put in the the shuffle function.
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
ok
i have started working on the code will post it when i am complete.....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much!!
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
One more question
What compiler are you using to run the c codes??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Borland C++ 5.5 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
ok
i will keep posting update from my side and will try to post the code within 6 hrs.
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
UPDATE:

I am done with the shuffle part

Can you explain in little more detail what is to be done in 2nd and 3rd part??
Expert:  Raj replied 5 years ago.
Ok
I am done with the code......
Download code from the below location using "FREE USER" Option

Click here

Please find the file attached with name "CARDS.cpp" which contains the required code.........
Raj, Computer Engg.
Experience: BE CS, 4+ Experience in Programming and Database (ERP)