ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner

itunes icon has disappeared, and I have no access to my itunes

itunes icon has disappeared, and I have no access to my itunes acct.
Category: Programming
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

what do you mean by the icon dissapeared?

did you check your control panel, programs?

Can you find it there?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
instead of the itunes icon on my desktop, there is a plain white folder. I did check the programs.... there is the word "itunes" but nothing comes up when I click on it
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

You said you tried to uninstall it and re-installing it again, what errors did you encounter when re-installing the itunes application?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it started the install, but when it was just about finished, an error box came up and said that I have insufficient privelages to support the download
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.
what is the operating system you are using?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
vista home premium
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.
which version of itunes are you trying to install
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe it is 8
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

Do you have any problem downloading the itunes from the apple website?

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

Did you try registering again with another email?

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

Can you confirm that you are logged in as administrator in windows?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I am logged in as the user... same as the administrator?
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

ok i need you first to check that itunes in uninstalled completly

Go to Start > Control Panel

In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program.

Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs; click Remove or Uninstall.

Then restart your computer

when you go back again go to programfiles right click on the itunes folder and delete.

Restart your computer

Install the version from www.apple.com

ehabtutor, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 5 years ago.

Can i just make sure of something, Do you have an antivirus installed?