Hirash Riyal
Hirash Riyal, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  BIT Finalist, DIPLOMA IN IT,DOPLOMA IN PROGTAMMING,

Java-Write a reservation system for an airline flight. Assume

Java-Write a reservation system for an airline flight. Assume irplane has 10 rows with 4 seats in each row. Use a 2 dimensional array of strings to maintain a seating chart. In addition create a array to be used as a waiting list in case the plane is full. The waiting list should be "first come first serve" that is people who are added early in the list get the priority over those who are added later. Allow the user to add three options
1. Add a passenger to the list.
a. Request the passenger's name.
b. Display a chart of the seats in airplane in a tabular form
c. If seats are available let the passenger choose a seat. Add the passenger to the seating chart.
d. If no seats available, place the passenger on the waiting list.

2. Remove passenger from the list
a. Request the passengers name
b. Search seating chart for the passenger's name and delete.
c. If the waiting list is empty, update the array so that the seat is available,
d. Else, remove first person from lis
Category: Programming
Expert:  Hirash Riyal replied 5 years ago.
hi,
by when do you want this to be completed ?
Is IT GUI OR CLI Based ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Hirash,

Thanx for responding. I need this by 17th march. It is core java.( OOP concept...You could use GUI).

Would really appreciate if u could send me the cod eat the earliest.

Sangeeta.

ok
i'll post back as i finish it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank You so much Hirash.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hirash,

The questions says u can use File IO , OOP concepts and language constructs (looping/ decision making methods).

Download Following File (Zipped)
FILE HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Hirash,

I complied the prg..It works. But if you see option 1 of the question, it asks you to display seat chart in tabular form. So when i add a passenger, I should be able to see it in the tabular form ( the name, seat assigned). This is not happening.

I should be able to see the chart after i add people or remove them.

Hoping you will be able to modify a little.

Sangeeta

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hirash,

Sorry about the previous response from my side..Actually i tried running it now..Its fine. Only thing is that the output is not presentable and also, when i want to remove the person from list, it checks for case-sensitivity.. for example, if i have a passenger named Seeta and i want to remove her. If i type seeta, it does not. I think the ignoreCase function should be implemented.....Otherwise everything is just fine.Could you please make these changes, so that i can accept your reply ...You are really good..

Thank you so much..

Download the new Source Files (Zipped)
FILE HERE
Experience: BIT Finalist, DIPLOMA IN IT,DOPLOMA IN PROGTAMMING,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hirash,

well, this is what is happening now.....After I fill the enitre seating arrangement, and if i want to add more people, it should go to waiting list . But the program instead asks me for seat number, which it should not do if seats are not availableIf . Well, iin short t is not doing part 1 d and part 2c and 2 d of the program well.

1d. If no seats are available, place the passenger on the waiting list. ( here it should not ask for seat number, which the program does)

2. Remove a passenger from the list
d. If the waiting list is not empty remove the first person from the list, and give him or her the newly vacated seat.

Basically everytime i remove a person, it is not assigning that seat to the person in waiting list.

Thank You

hi,
Did You made any changes to the code that i given to you
I checked Againg and It works ...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

HIRASH,

I RAN THE CODE AGAIN ..ITS WORKING FINE NOW....

THANK YOU SO MUCH...I AM ACCEPTING UR REPLY.

SANGEETA