JeremyChow, Web Designer
Experience:  Interaction Design BA - Over 10 years of Web Design

I have just bought a Sanyo Xacti CA8 and cant download videos

I have just bought a Sanyo Xacti CA8 and cant download videos on to computer photos are ok
Hi cranky,

Have you considered finding the file without the software? Almost always - whenever you connect a camera to the pc - a new drive will appear within 'My Computer'. It will have a new drive name such as 'D:' with a name relating to your device, such as 'Sanyo Xacti'.

What you can then do is navigate through the folders in this 'drive' (this drive is actually just the SD card of your device), and you should be able to find one called Videos. All your videos should be here and you can simply copy them to your hard drive or play them directly from there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Jeremy Have just already done that and again the photos are fine and only the first fraim of the video (ie it just looks like a photo)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nothing seams to be working, I might try downloading the software off the internett what do you think?Customer
Have you tried downloading the video to another computer? If you are still having problems, then I would guess that your camera might have the issue.

Let me know if you have managed to use the camera with another computer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your reply Jeremy Yes I have tried down loading on to another computer and the same thing. When I hook the camera up to the TV I am able to see the video also on play back . So It is recording ok
On the other computer, did you try navigating directly to the SD card, via my computer too? (I'm just trying to eliminate certain elements from this)
Another thought that has just crossed my mind - can you please check the file extension for me as well please?

Are the files .mp4 or .avi (for example)? Let me know - thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I replaced the card I was using in the camera and reformated it and was able to download on to the computer that doesn't have the software installed on it. I think I might be on the right track now thank you very much for your time. ps I'm still trying to get it to work on my laptop. shoul I uninstall the software and see what happens?
Yeah, just make sure you can grab the videos from the SD card directly. If this works, then it fails with the software, the software is probably at fault.

Glad this was of help! :-)

Please click accept if you have found my answers to have been of help.